1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my cub n snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ford-cat87, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ford-cat87

ford-cat87 Junior Member

i have plow snowed for my fulltime job using a kubota utv. sidewalks mainly. but sometimes small parking lots around the air force base. i have a cub cadet 105 its older bout 1980 i believe. it was free from my grandfather. i tryed pushin my drive way with it last year "fake aspahlt" black top whatever u wanna call it. slipped and slipped once the snow got piled up. i got wheel weights. i believe there 50 lbs a piece. still some slippin but not to bad. what would you recomend to do to set it up to plow small parkin lots? i got tired chains. but i didnt wanna tear up my driveway. would just the tire chains and the weights help? or do i need something more........i am thinking about buying a 4wheeler. but i'd like to keep my over-head down the first year if i can. especially since we dont alwayz get much snow here. and like i said this tractor was free. i changed fluids and put lights on it. have virtually no money in it as i sold the mower deck "shot" for like 40 bucks