1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowman777, Jan 24, 2004.

1. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

seems people are elusive to post contracts cuz they paid lawyers big money to draft them. im posting one i just made myself. please skip the "get a lawyer" comments.

Service is to push snow in driveway with a pickup truck with plow. snow on sidewalks and steps will be moved with a
    hand shovel or snow thrower. service will commence within a reasonable time after snow storm ends.

Homeowner understands the above operations do not provide a clean walking surface or mitigate any of the dangers to slips and falls from walking on these surfaces after any operations have been performed.

Homeowner assumes all risk and responsibilty for providing safe walking conditions on the property. Homeowner is responsible for spreading de-icing chemicals at their discretion.

This contract does not imply any degree of improvement or safety whatsoever in naturally occuring dangerous snow and ice conditions on driveways, walkways or steps.

Fee for driveway and sidewalk is $55.00 for up to 1 foot of snow. the fee increses $7.00 for every 3 inches above one foot.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

nice contract. Too bad you couldnt really put down what you want to. like, when it snows, and i dont show up right away, realize i have more than just you to plow. :D :D
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I agree:nod: Seems like everyone wants to be first on the list. In my case, whoever doesn't call me to wonder when I'm coming, those are the ones I do first.:waving:
  4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

as most know you cant beat good customers. I plow my moms and her neighbor when i have chance. the neighbor said she doesnt want me making a special trip just to come out and plow her out. Her saying that just made me want to get her done first. Luckily I only do 3 residentials, and the rest are all comericial. :D :D
  5. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i forgot to add:

"calling plowman at anytime after signing contract is forbidden unless it is to pick up cash"
  6. frogman

frogman Member
    from MD

Here's one of my commercial contracts. I got some from the SIMA site and came up with the rest. To follow up, I get the manager's signiture at the end of each job.

We hereby submit specifications for:

The plowing of snow from the entry/Exit ways and parking lots surrounding XXXXX restaurant, located on XXXXX in XXXXX, Maryland, for the 2003/04 Winter season. Snow will be pushed and placed in designated areas within the property. Shoveling of the restaurant entry-way and the sidewalk area will be available upon request at each plowable event. Parking lots (and walkway areas, if requested) will be treated with salt and/or calcium chloride after each plowing, when snow accumulation is less than ½”, and/or as deemed necessary to achieve a reasonably clear surface. Handicapped parking area will be given “special attention” to minimize the risk inherent with users. All snow and ice management services include material, equipment, labor and supervision, necessary to complete the tasks.

Contract Rate:
    -4WD Pick-Up Truck w/plow, including operator and fuel
    $XXX.XX/hr (per truck).
    -Sidewalk clearing (available upon request) at $XX.00/man hour.

Salt $0.XX per pound (spread)
    CaCl $0.XX per pound (spread)

(Page 1 of 2)

This proposal is valid through the entire 2003/2004 winter season. The above covers the plowing of normal snowfall only. Should conditions occur in which deep or heavy snow falls and Team Services deems it necessary to use special equipment or techniques, and /or more time to move the snow, Team Services will charge additionally for this service.

Special events not covered by the above prices:

 Deep Snow (over 8”) *Fast Accumulating Snow
     Ice Storms * Wet Heavy Snow
     Any winter event that requires Team Service to use special equipment or techniques, and or more time to move the snow.

Team Services adheres to industry standards in the performance of snow and ice management. We make all reasonable efforts to care for and safeguard/ protect the property that we service, and it’s users. Team Services is not responsible for the user safety of the XXXXXX property. Team Services is responsible for providing a service which assist XXXXX in providing a safe environment for its users. Upon the completion of each service, an XXXXX agent/manager will acknowledge the tasks are completed to XXXXX safety standards. Team Services and/or it’s agents will not be held responsible or liable as a result of any subsequent lawsuits (“slip and fall-type”, vehicular incident etc.) related to users of this property and/or wear or damage of concrete, asphalt, landscaping, etc. inherent with the normal safe/responsible use of snow and ice management techniques.

By signing you agree to the terms and conditions of this contract.
  7. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i like the "push and place snow" line.
    i also did not want to use the word "remove" as i could see a laywer having a field day with that.... "you called this snow removal then how come there was snow left that my client fell on?!"
  8. legoconstruct

legoconstruct Junior Member

those contracts are great the only problem is the contract does not relieve you from liability no matter how you word it.
    plowman , i hope those prices are not real,or the driveway in question is only ten feet long and walk is only 5 feet.
    if not you have to have a 100 dollar minumum. i live in the same area and people have to and will pay for your service.
  9. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

$100 min... yea rite ...go take a walk in the real world
  10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Generally, you get what you pay for. I have seen and used SIMA's contracts. What was posted is not the entire contract. You can attempt to limit liability, but there is no contract that will completely absolve you of liability.
  11. acornish

acornish Senior Member

I agree there is no way to totaly remove liability --all they need is a swift lawyer and you done like a thanksgiving day turkey-- also agree that the word remove should never be used unless you actually remove (pick up , put in truck ,haul away) other wise this could lead to som problems also-- the terms I use are push to a suitible location, or plow to the following areas.