1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My contract- what do you think? (scan attached)

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by godjwood, Nov 20, 2009.

1. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

Hi,

I am just starting snow plowing this year and I put together this estimate/contract.

I wanted your input on it.

What do you think of it?

I showed it to my roomate and he immediately said, "what if there is 8" of snow, and you plow twice, the customer gets charged $80 instead of $55. What would they say about that?"

And I am glad I brought it up because I was not sure how to respond- feedback? Very much appreciated.

Lastly, off topic, but how do you handle gravel driveways? Should these be bid higher? are they more difficult?

Thank you all once again.

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For reference how big a driveway is this price for?

3. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

about 40 ft long. 2 garage doors on left of drive (slight L shape). up hill about 10-15 degrees. 15 ft walkway to front door included.

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

nice simple contract, looks good for residential

5. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Sounds expensive for households around here. Can you really charge 3% per month on past due accounts in your area?

6. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Kinda gusty on your part to go it alone. I thought the rest of us was going to stick with the USM contract.

Simple contract, but I don't know if I would be willing to commit to six hours after a storm. What happens if all your trucks break down and it is freak 4 ft wet storm

7. buckwheat_la

i think his intention is that he well be back around 6hrs after snow is done, but i believe if it is a heavy snowfall, he is going to be around during the snowfall too, but that when snow fall ends it well cleaned up. also i would hope being that he is doing residential that they would be understanding to a point, i have a quite a few employees and there are times when sh!t happens, if they can't deal with that once in a lifetime event, then they need to find another company, i think given the right circumstances every contractor can have a issue like that.

8. buckwheat_la

i bet you can charge that on your accounts too, we charge the same thing, it works out to 36% per year, there are some credit cards that charge that, let alone overdue accounts.

9. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

the idea is i don't want past due accounts..

10. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

USM contract? whats that?

11. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

I showed it to my roomate and he immediately said, "what if there is 8" of snow, and you plow twice, the customer gets charged $80 instead of $55. What would they say about that?"

12. buckwheat_la

i understand that, i was addressing someone else and their comments that they didn't think you could charge that much interest

13. buckwheat_la

you need to read up on other threads my friend, check out USM in the commercial area, you well get the idea

14. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Bajak is right, there are areas or states where there is a limit to how much you can legally charge on a over due invoice.

And what a credit card company can do has nothing to do with what you can do, they are not a service provider and you are not a registered lending institution. I understand where you are coming from, and that you do not want people to use you as a lending institution but it would not hurt to ask your bookkeeper or accountant before somebody takes you to small claims court.

just my 2 cents