1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Christmas present to myself

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rangerman, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

I just snapped a few pics of my new toy. Its a 1954 Wheel Horse tractor. This little thing should b a lot of fun. Its been fully restored and rebuilt.:D

854-1.jpg

854-2.jpg

854-3.jpg

854-4.jpg

854-5.jpg

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice tractor

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

slick rick:drinkup:

4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

I hope you are not going to use that, it looks beautiful !

5. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Probably Just around the house never work real work its just a hobby thing.

6. TLB

TLB Senior Member

that is a show winner!

7. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Its already won several times. Anybody who would like one similar the guy has more he is getting out of it.

8. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Can we know what you paid for it?

9. greenred

greenred Member

Wow that is awesome

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Don't use that, that thing is awesome

11. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

I gave 600.00 for her.

12. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

Thats a great looking little tractor !!! Take care of it. :cool::cool:

13. Baitshop

Baitshop Junior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is one sweet Wheel Horse! This is my 1961 IH cub cadet original that is just about finished. I've been rebuilding/restoring it since I bought it last January. My brother still has the 702 wheel horse that we grew up with. It needs to be restored, but it still runs like a champ. I'm glad to see other guys appreciate these old machines.

-Jared

14. TLB

TLB Senior Member

not bad for restored.

15. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Looks like a little pedal toy... very cool

16. greenred

greenred Member

That is a real nice looking Cub

17. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Nice Cub Looks like shes gots some power. Is that a kohler.

18. Baitshop

Baitshop Junior Member

Thanks guys, it is a kohler. Originally a k161 7 horse, but it's now a stroker with an eight horse k181 rotating assembly.wesport It's .020 over with some valve/ port work, so it probably makes 8.2 horsepower lol. I was suprised that it throws snow as good as it does. In the pics the snow was about 8 inches deep, and later in the day I was using it in 12 inches. That was a little much though. My brothers wheel horse is almost identical to yours. It originally came with a deck that had gear driven blades. The engine has seen all kinds of abuse, but it still runs like a champ. It is in pretty tough shape otherwise. We all learned to drive on that thing. My dad used to put it in second gear with a little throttle and we would put our feet in by the shifter and tool around the lawn. Too short to reach the pedals lol. Good memories though. I found my cub in the garage of a 93 year old man that had bought it new. Just seeing the round fenders made me want it, reminded me of the wheelhorse. One of these days it too will get a rebuild.

-Jared

19. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice machines you guys have there. My Grandpa was a Cub man he had 7 of them all restored at one time.

20. tgh117

tgh117 Junior Member

I have a very similar tractor to the wheel horse. It is a blast in the snow to mess around with. I have been wanting to add front wheel weights to help it turn when the plow is down, but haven't got there yet.