1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my chevy 2006

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MO TOYS, Sep 16, 2006.

1. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

my 2006 chevy silverado

IMG_0583.jpg

2. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

Ok Ok Heres Better Pics

TRUCK FRONT.jpg

TRUCK FRONT SIDE.jpg

TRUCK SIDE.jpg

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

That looks good! Id suggest addin some timbrens up front to help keep the front end from saggin with the plow up.

Will

4. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

it actuallly already has timbrens and believe it or not that is close to were the front end sits with it off lol the rear lifts up LOL

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah my 2000 chevy had that front sag nothing to be worried about

6. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

That's because Chev puts no balls in the front end. Low clearance and no leaf springs, nice comfy ride but no toughness. A Chev is a couch on wheels.

-Thann

7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

There seams to be a lot more posts about broken Fords then broken GMs. GM section is full of timbermans and 5 turns on torsion bars post. But I really dont know how the new Fords are since i sold my last one 10 years ago because I got tired of fixing all the stupid problem that went bad on ones I owned.

8. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

Need i a say it FOUND ON ROAD DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    also its only a 1/2 ton lets see a f150 hold a plow like that

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  9. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Look at his sig he doesn't even have a truck the plows with a golf cart :waving:

10. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

That must be way i read a reasant article saying chevy trucks are more dependable than ford. If chey is a couch than ford is a lawn chair:gunsfiring:

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Oh, burn!:D

12. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

Except for first times truck lol

13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

no reason to hate ford or chevy... i love them both. chevys are dependable, my gmc 1500 2x4 is my daily driver and boy does ride good. i'd pick it over a ford any day for beating around town all day. when it comes to putting weight on the front, ford has em beat! (6,000lb front) i'm ready for chevy to put torsion bars on the rear for an even better ride.

14. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That truck is doing just fine with that blade on there. Just be sure to have sufficient ballast once you start pushing with it. Good luck with it man! :salute:

15. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

Jay you have a hell of alot of equipment there is snow the only thing you do?

16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

As far as 1/2 tons go, I think the older fords 87-94 or so held plows pretty well. The new GM trucks hold very well for only being a 1/2 ton. I would not try it on a ford f150 becaus eI hate the way the new f150s look. JMO

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

:nod: :nod: :nod: I really like your truck. Hold the plow well. Don't worry and just go plow. Don't beat it and your set to go!

18. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

Thanks first time im not worried at all about the truck the only thing im worried about is if i actually get to use it this year lol

19. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

my trucks are mostly Fords, but hey, everybody has Fords, what I did in my signature is took the most unusual truck in my aresnal and posted it. Would you like me to post everything we own?

-Thann

20. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

I would rather see pictures