1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My car is plowed in !!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wyldman, Mar 6, 2003.

1. wyldman

wyldman Member

Here are some shots of a car that was left in one of our lots,and we were instructed to bury it till spring.It was a Suzuki Swift.

The snow you see is from most of the season.It did melt down some a while back due to a warm spell.The pile is 10-12 ft high in places and had to be 60-80 ft in depth,by 100 ft wide.That car won't be coming out for a long time.The piles are so frozen that I was able to walk on the top,which is where I shot the pics from.

Pic #1 about 40 ft into the pile,25 ft from the car,standing on top of the pile.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Another angle.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Forgot to attach pic #2

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Shot from further back

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Wide angle showing width of pile behind car.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Front of the pile,what I had to climb onto to take previous pics.
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Another shot of the pile.

9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

and in April you will probably come on here and ***** about getting sued :rolleyes: But however.... funny pics and I hope you had fun doing it;) :p :D

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

We notified the property manager about the car after the first snowfall.He said the car belonged to an ex-employee,who abandoned the car there,and he did not have any better place to put it.He told us to just bury it,as he will probably just tow it away in the spring.
  11. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

ok, disregard what I said then, still looked like fun though.:D
  12. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Thats going to be burried until april or may at least LOL:D
  13. Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto Member

OMG, tell the property owner to call the car owner to have him move it over. "Johnny, can you move your car over two spots so we can plow"?
  14. Proud Professional

Real "Professional"

Professional Snow and Ice Management Division

Make sure you advertise using the photo with your truck in it. Should be a good sales pitch. "My big truck can bury any little car"

If the owner of the car has any smarts, you will probably be in court!

(Must be a collage degree involved)
  15. Nova

Nova Member

Real "Professional"

16. Still, No way .....No how.

The car does not belong to the manager/owner of the lot. Even if I had it in writing, would I plow in a car purposely. Just looking for problems.
  17. wwf

wwf Junior Member
    from nh

i love it i've done it myself tho not as good as you
    i plow and also tow and cant believe where people leave their cars and it dont have to be snowing,they got to be brain dead
    and complete asses.:drinkup: :drinkup:
  18. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

Must not be a college degree involved.
  19. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

True the car doesn't belong to the property manager BUT the car was left on private property and therefore is subject to the rules of that property, IE "parking for employees of blah blah blah" or "parking for patrons of blah blah blah, all others will be towed away at owners cost" I even have a lot that I do and it has signs that say anyone can park here but not between 7pm-6am. I wouldn't worry about it, if worse came to worse I would play dumb and say that the car was soo small I never saw it when I was piling the snow ...sorry.
  20. apkole

apkole Member

a different way

1. Make sure that the one local constable is at coffee shop or is otherwise occupied.

2. With accumulated snow on lot surface, attach tow strap to offending vehicle.

3. Tow offending vehicle onto adjacent public street, next to curb but no closer than 7" to same. Make sure vehicle is positioned so as not to create a hazard to other public traffic.

4. Local constable at some point in time will observe offending vehicle illegally parked, will ticket and have towed to impound lot.