1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My brother just called me about a 8.2 for sale....

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JeffNY, Jan 3, 2009.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I have no idea what they're worth used, story is, some guy bought one to plow his driveway, had it on a half ton truck, used it a couple years I guess, then brought the truck to the dealer for a trade in, with the plow on it.
    The dealer gave him $2,300 for the plow, which means I can get it for $2300, not a penny less. Im thinking it doesn't come with a mount ($350 I think?) and it probably doesn't come with the wires,solenoid, controller and all that crap.

So, for just the plow, is that a good price? what would I be lookin at for the wires/mount?

Thanks

2. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

is that a vee or straight blade? New 8' trip-edge's are going for around 4200-4600 installed. hope that somewhat helps you! Happy New Year!

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They don't make a 8'2 straight blade.

4. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

It depends....how good of shape is the plow in? Rt2 or rt3 hitch? Mounts run 550 ish for a new one, anywhere from 100-400 on ebay, wiring new for headlight adaptors and everything 300 or so. Controller prolly 200 or so used. these are ballpark I am not a dealer or anything.

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Just got more info, comes with everything, wires, controller, mount (for an 06 ram), my guess is it won't fit a 96 ram. Im sure we can swap it out somewhere. Supposed to be in excellent condition, RT3.
    We pick it up monday. I feel like we stole it. I just hope its poly, has a deflector, and smartlocks......not that i'll be the one using it anyway.

6. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Thats a awesone deal....you did steal it. You could probably trade that mount for one for your's.