1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my brand new 2011 boss VXT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cdahl1177, Jul 1, 2011.

1. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

just got my new plow on my 2006 chevy. long time plower, first time plowing with my truck. im ready for snow.

vxt 1.jpg

vxt 2.jpg

2. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Truck looks awsome cant wait to see some action shots this winter

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a realy nice set up. I love the looks of that style Chevy.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Jealous!!!

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Always liked how boss wraps the cutting edge, I wish Fisher did that

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

looks the same as a 2009... nice blade

7. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Is that boss a 8.2 or 9.2? Is your truck gas or diesel? How does it hold the plow up? I want to get the same plow for my 2500hd with duramax crew cab but not sure which size to go with.

8. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

it is a 2006 2500HD duramax diesel. the plow is an 8'2" and the only reason i didn't get the 9'2" is it wouldnt fit in my garage. i have firestone air bags on the front end of the truck to hold the weight of the plow. i would get the 9'2" if you can, i think im going for wings since i can take them on and off to get in and out of the garage. thanks everyone for the comments. i can't wait for snow now!

9. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I like your tires. I have Duratracs on my truck, too. If you haven't plowed with them yet. You will be impressed. I have found that they are great for plowing. For such an aggressive tread, they do excellent on ice and hardpack. Nice truck and plow, too!!

kevlars

10. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

you have a trained eye to be able to tell by the tread. im impressed my friend.

11. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Yeah, funny how you can see those types of things. You will like the traction for plowing.

Kevlars

12. highmark923

highmark923 Member

Very nice combination. Congrats on the new plow.

13. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

thanks for looking

14. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Nice Duramax, you got it straight piped?

15. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

yeah, it is a 5" straight pipe with a 6" tip. it has a few more goodies under the hood.

16. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Definetly a nice truck then lol, im putting a 5" turbo back and a tuner on mine too with intake

17. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I have the exhaust, edge evo CTS race, air intake, egr blocked, and i thibk thats it. Its just enough for me to get in trouble.

18. quicknova

quicknova Member

How you like the bags? Was debating on doing them or the timbrens for mine.. Also what size tires on your truck?

19. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

That is a great looking set up

20. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

thanks for looking jim
    i love the air bags. it made the truck right A LOT better then stock. my buddy has timbrens on his 2500HD and they work but the ride sucks. if you got the $$$ buy the airbags. im putting an on board air compressor on my truck soon so i dont have to mess with filling them off my garage compressor. the tires are 265/75/R16 goodyear duratracks and i love them. they ride quite. thanks for looking