1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my boys are ready for spring I think...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Up North, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Took this pic on Monday or Tuesday I believe, I think they're thinking spring... :)

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Mowing more snow...

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:D LOL you know there are child labor laws :waving:
    What's that? start them young and train them right?
    It looks like the blades need to be sharpened :D
    latter :waving:
  4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thankfully they aren't on payroll yet. But they do have some great benefits. Yeah, I need to throw some Gator blades on those mowers!

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Buck your boys have the right idea. I have had enough of the white stuff for this year. Time for the shorts, sun and golf clubs.
  6. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

thats funny. What kind of sleds you got?
  7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I run Skidoo for now. My next sled I may go with Arctic Cat. Not sure why as I've never had a problem with Skidoo and I grew up on them. I like the design of the Cat's I guess, and I really don't care for the new design Skidoo came out with, plus just ready to try something different. All my in laws run Polaris and they have an assortment of problems each year it seems, and Yamaha doesn't have many dealers around here. You ride?

8. yamahar612

yamahar612 Member
    from WI

Up North,
    I run a Polaris XC 600 and have not had any problems, The rest of my family run Cats we have then in age from 1990 to 2003 and have had very little problems with them. I guess I can say I like the ride of my Polaris a little better. Give the Cats a try, they are nice, but dont rule out a Polaris. :bluebounc
  9. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I got an 04 polaris indy 500 GREAT trail machine but next year I think I might go with more power and get the Polaris 600 HO fusion.
  10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yamahar612 & Chevytruck85,
    I wouldn't rule them out. My statement above about my in laws & Polaris is skewed and I should have mentioned it as they don't do anything as far as routine & preventative maintenance on the sleds. So I wouldn't be surprised if all their problems were due to neglect. In fact I have a Polaris ATV and love it, never had a problem with it and it's a workhorse for me, and it's maintained as it should. Actually, all the manufacturers are pretty close now days. I've also felt guilty all these years riding Skidoo when both Cat & Polaris are all made within 75 miles of me... :eek:

11. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Now I know why your kids are always missing school there not sick their in training for dad's business.
  12. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

still got all that snow up north were :confused:
  13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

LOL! YeahLarry, I may have to call in sick myself and send them out on a few jobs... :D

No more snow except for one little pile out by the freeway. Believe it or not there's about 2 foot pile left from where the city dumped snow and it's covered with grass, dirt, etc. and has been insulated from the sun. Should be the last week of it though... :D

14. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

im sick of this, I only cut my lawns once this year, however ive done abouit 5 big landscape jobs, none the less I wish it'd snow, espissally now that I have a plow truck! lol