1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Boss V could not do it today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ECS, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Yep, same driveway I called a loader to do for me last week. So much snow and drifted in that I came to a complete stop with snow coming over the top. It is about 100 yards long, straight run, three feet of white crap.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I wish i had your proublems........:waving:

How maney days in a row has it been?

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

christ i wish i had half oh his problems, lol

4. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Snow up to the windows, eh?[​IMG]

Get a big snowblower and aim it towards New England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

I may have said this to you before, but I think it is time for you to buy a loader.[​IMG]

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you just needed more truck :D.

6. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Heck I do not even know what day it is any more. I took yesterday off and just layed around and had some beer. I think I tore some ligaments in my elbow from shoveling also. Hurts like the dickens.

Believe me, be glad you are not here. It has been sno H.E.L.L here

Pretty big expense to buy a loader for a freak year. I do a lot of other work between storms and will just call the other guy when I need help. The way the wind has been blowing all day, it is on it's way east now.

7. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Dodge 3/4 Cummins, Boss V, has always been enough until this year.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Lets see a pix of this place:D

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

10. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I took pictures today, but it looks like the TV when the cable goes out, just white snow. I had to back out of the driveway and could not even see where I came in at.

11. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

let me get this right:.......you have a BOSS V-PLOW and you had enough snow you STOPPED? or would the truck not move?:confused:

hey SF looks like this guy need's a BLIZZARD huh ;)

p.s. you had it in vee mode right?

i ask these stupid Q's because we have got all of............4" this year and i havent found a drift yet that i cant tackle :D

12. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Yep, just stopped, would not move any more. Yes it was in V, not straight, not angled and not inverted V. No where on the sides for it to go. Just had the drive widened last week and widened it again the other day. This drive was nearly 1 1/2 trucks wide until today. LOL Now it isn't even as wide as my truck. :D

13. powerjoke

maybe you should be more like REPO_MAN and try to drive over the piles? and just raise thier driveway a little ;)

soooooo.......why couldn't you shovle the drive? the people on the other side of the drift may have had a hair appointment or something :D

or or maybe llm's meyer's would have done the trick?;)

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Time for the heavy duty stuff!

1WildYugoPlow (Small).jpg

15. ECS

ECS Senior Member

They may have had an appointment for their hair, but it would have been in Florida as that is where they are at right now. Smart people. I sure do miss LLM.

Grand, that is just too funny. :D

16. powerjoke

oh. no it looks like the thing is a cylinder lift..........i hope it don't have down pressure or TOBBY will get some patent royalties;) :D

17. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

What's that the U-plow?

18. powerjoke

"i'd be more apethetic if i were'nt so lathargic".........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................o.h. i get it (peter grifin) LOL

19. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Your not getting any younger.

Let me know when you need a sub.....lollol

Seriously in a few years;)

:rolleyes::jester:

Just ask Mark O. he'll tell ya. A........:drinkup:

A UniMog with a blower......

20. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN