1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My blade lettering

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by drivewaydoctor, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Thought I would dare to be different and letter my blade. Its painted on using stencils. So far its attracted a lot of attention. I've never seen any other trucks do this in my area in all my years of plowing. I used Tremclad Rust Paint and then put a clearcoat over it all when it was dry.

Also a pic of my backrack lighting with Grote High Intensity Strobe. Dont mind the bag in the photo. Did some late season leaf cleanups today.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Let me guess Canadian Tire is your fav store.
  3. LMAO@Dave

I live right beside one... Princess Auto is my favorite but they are too far away...

The backup lights are from International Trucks. Those are the same backup lights used on the sleeper of the transports for backing up. They are made by Grote also. The tool box was a freebee from a friend that had a couple of them. The forward lights are from Crappy Tire. I plan on replacing them but have not picked out a brand yet.
  4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck
  5. shade tree

shade tree Junior Member

should throw your phone number under your name on your plow!
  6. modedicebox

modedicebox Junior Member

Your Biz concept is awesome. Nice rig.
  7. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

yeah man, toss your number in slightly smaller font under your name. It wouldn't hurt.
  8. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

Yes, add your phone number, and I also added many coats of clear-coat too. I'm the only one in my area too to do this. Great advertising !!!
  9. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

stands out really well,
    i would think about a new cutting edge tho... looks like its getting kinda close...:/
  10. Yeah guys I bought the stencils for the phone number I just never got time to do it before the snow came. Now it wont stop snowing. lol

The cutting edge needs replacement no question there. Again, time is the big issue.
  11. mruiz

mruiz Junior Member

Thumbs up!!! Great Idea
  12. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Hey I think I saw your truck at the Timmys at Nugget and Makham Rd a week or so ago?
  13. I'm sure you did. I live at Markham & 401 area. I take all my guys there before we start our routes to buy them Wendys and Timmys Coffee.

If you see me around again don't be shy, say hello.
  14. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Definitely, get your number in there.
  15. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Wow, you are THE most annoying poster I've ever seen.

Cut that clutter down, cuz all you are doing is irritating people and they DEFINITLY won't be giving you any business.
  16. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

i think its ok for a sponsor to post :nod:
  17. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

My neighbor just buys 5 cans of black spray paint before the winter and spray paints it on. It looks so much less unprofessional than this does. Good job.
  18. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Thank you sir. No biggie. We can't please everybody.

Drivewaydoctor, where did you get your stencils and how much did they cost? I was thinking about offering some stencil kits for just this purpose.
  19. Be Seen Graphics,

Sorry for such a late reply. I dont come to this site till Im in the winter mindset.

The stencils were really cheap. I bought them at Staples for maybe $10.00

The biggest problem was having to reuse some stencils more than once in same word because the word has more than one of the same letter.

If you offer the stencil I would recommend custom cutting them for the application the buyer wants. Also I would recommend a peel and stick stencil cut out of vinyl or something would save effort of using masking tape...
  20. 80sturgisrider

80sturgisrider Member

Add your number--I have had my plows lettered for 2 years now. More of a novelty than real advertising. Cant hurt though.