1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My ballast set up...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ScottPA, Dec 3, 2009.

1. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Hey, Just wanted to share with you guys how I keep my ballast in place.
    I created this with some scrap that I had leftover after I finished my shed this summer.
    All made out of 2X4 cut offs...most of the stuff I didnt even need to cut.

Let me know what you think. I can fit exactly 20 50lb bags of Salt/Sand depending on what I feel like buying. Took me aboue 10-20 minutes to make and It works great. Bags dont move at all.

DSC_0229.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

2. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

sweet set-up. great idea

3. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

That will work good but think it would look better if it was below the top of bed rails

4. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

I made it a little higher than the tailgate becuase I didnt want the bags to rip open on the corners of the 2X4's. 20 bags comes right up to the top of the tailgate.

5. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

That makes sense function always comes before form ;)

6. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

I agree with ya.

7. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I was going to do something similar but I have to be able to put stuff between my toolbox and ballast NICE THO! Is that a Absolute Bottle? :drinkup:

8. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Yeah...what a weekend we had :nod:

9. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Those absolute bottles are great for ballast, than you have a way to calm the nerves when stressed while plowing :dizzy::D

10. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

A bottle of Absolute and no red bull cans:nono: Haha I myself love the black bottle absolute 100 proof talk about Time Travelin:nod::

11. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Haha..my uncle had a party over the weekend and he's too cheap to pay for trash pickup. So what he cant burn comes home with me, and most of the time I dont even realize he put **** in the back of my truck. Those bags are all his canned goods he ate for the week.

12. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good,

13. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

So the Absolute bottle would contain your liquid de-icer? :jester: :drinkup::laughing:

14. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Exactly:laughing: