1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Bad Day!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by powerjoke, Oct 5, 2007.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i aint sayin my day was worse but!!

i seen the pic of the hoe turned over and it reminded me of when I done this i, i turned it over one day stackin dirt behind a scraper, to load out later and when i was backing up to shove on it some i turned and the wheel fell into a small hole and it just fell over, it kinda screwed up my back a little but not a big deal THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE INSURANCE
    and **** happens anyway if one of my guys would of done it i probably woulnd't of understood how easy it was to do

We took the CaT 953 and turned it back over, the rope is tied to another peice of equip

2 loaders 100kb.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2007
  2. powerjoke

another pic

here is the machine when it's settin grasy side down
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

lord I hope that never happens to me! How much damage did the loader receive?? still operationable??
  4. powerjoke

the loader did'nt get it too bad and i wouldnt have either if i had my belt on

The loader landed on the weight box and the bucket just like it sets in the pic, if i had the bucket down it would have been on the cab but if i had the boom down it might not hav rolled ?

I had back surgery sept. 18th 3weeks ago partialy due to this i have been stuck in the house since but i have been getting around in the last 4-5days and just about back up and runnin again

IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE, all well stuff happens
  5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

equiptment tips easily if the bucket is up and loaded. we run a telehandler for our roofing business and you have to be VERY careful when the boom is out and the tractor is in motion.
  6. powerjoke

I'll try to post more of mine later (yes i have had more than one)
  7. powerjoke

here is some more pics i cant figure out how to only get the pic of the post i forgot all about this little event, i do not have this picture anymore as i have changed laptops but the first pic is just of the truck the second about mid way on the thread is the good one it's another 953 if any ody knows how to just import the pic lit me know

8. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Ive got some pictures of our excavation accidents over the years, i'll try and post some.

One employee rolled a 6 wheel drive off road truck(think tonka truck) last year. Thankfully they have a 360 degree articulating center.
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i hear you there ive gotten better at being easier on them though
  10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to see that happen and glad your o.k. but i have to ask........rope?????
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Might be one of those tug boat type ropes designed for pulling ships around.
  12. powerjoke

the rope was to help pull the machine over:rolleyes:. when we started the recovery the hinge on the loader was a high point(machine was truning) but that idea was scraped and the 953 took over
  13. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

the question was all in fun..not being critical at all,