1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My backup lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by anteater6788, Feb 13, 2016.

1. anteater6788

anteater6788 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Built these lights earlier this winter and they work really good. The lights are cheap 36 watt led's from Amazon that I had bought for another project and I used a 2" solid receiver hitch tube, 1/4x6" plate to box in around the lights and a 15,000 lb D ring welded on the end. Unless I back into something that pokes directly into the lights they are very well protected and other than the hitch tube I had everything laying around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Nice approach.

3. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Some diamond plate and its would be a nice step too

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Very Nice Build. I bought a ready made version that mounted like yours. The cheap plastic housing split up & down & left & right. Yours looks great. Color me jealous and impressed!!!!

5. deadman

deadman Junior Member

Nice design!

6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup

7. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Wow I'd hate to walk into that with my shin at the grocery store parking lot! That would leave a friggin mark.
    Looks great nice work

8. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

9. Zigblazer

Zigblazer Member

This is another good example of what I could do for my main truck. Only problem would be, that I'd have to remove it to be able to shut the garage door.

Plow would need a more permanent solution, that wouldn't be buried while using the dump box.