1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Feb 3, 2008.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I have seen a bunch of posts about backup cameras and never had any pics of mine till recently so now im posting up.

The montior is a Xenarc 700IDT. its actually for my computer setup that is in the truck so its also a touchscreen and very high resolution. Its has multiple inputs including a composite and of course the VGA input.

[​IMG]

The camera is off of ebay. Its $100 and made of thick metal. its very strong and as you can see, it can see really well and really far at night with all the infared leds on it. Its also a CCD camera which makes a BIG BIG difference in picture clarity. this is very clean and clear.

[​IMG]

The mount is just a flatstock tab that I lightly welded to the factory hitch tube. it isnt going anywhere.

[​IMG]

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

thats pretty sick:salute:

wat u got holdon up ur bb??

3. stroker79

its a vehicle specific fit bracket made by bracketron. they used to sell them where i used to work but not anymore. you can pick them up online. I think they have them for your truck now too but im not sure where they mount up. it holds the phone at the perfect angle.

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Thats a nice set up! ours are very similar to your set up. Do you have trouble with snow building up on your camera down below the bumper? On our ext cab we first mounted it on the tailgate but had to move it up on top of the cab right behind the strobe light due to snow build up on it.
    Heres a few pics of the one on the 1-ton sander rig.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. stroker79

snow does build up on it. normally i just hop out real quick with a towel and wipe it clean and it will be good until i hit the street again. I wanted it below the bumper to help with the distance and for assistance when hitching up to my trailer during the summer. I think i am going to experiment putting the camera on the cab by the 3rd brake light since i line up with the trailer perfect everytime without the camera and cleaning it all the time is sorta annoying.

I like your setup, though, very similar to mine!

6. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Im looking at one now that is built into a license plate bracket.

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

whats that Monitor make/model..
    How's it attached?

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

fixed for you.

9. THEGOLDPRO

also on a side note thats a great idea, we have a 30 foot camper which is a total pita to back up, i wonder if it would be possible to run a camera to the back of the camper for backing up....

10. stroker79

should be possible. the camera that i have is made for an rv. it has a 65 foot cable.

11. THEGOLDPRO

oh nice, thing is an rv is diffrent form a 30 foot camper because the camper has the pivot point where its connected to the truck, so i coild see the wire snapping, or binding while turning, hmmm i wonder if they make remote wireless backup cameras... ill have to look into it.

12. stroker79

ive seen it before but they have just the thing for you! hold on let me find it, it will be easier to explain.

13. stroker79

14. THEGOLDPRO

15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

you should be fine. your trailer lights wires dont bind up do they?

16. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

How are these cameras holding up, thinking about getting one for this winter. Any recommendations from any one.

17. stroker79

Mine still works!

Go on ebay, I got the one for $100, it looks just like mine, lol

It has a great picture and will hold up. I tried a cheapie the first time and it lasted a month

18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

lmao, isn't that the truth.....lmao

btw - Classy looks great!!! A must needed for those CC long beds........or even short beds. Also with dump trucks!