1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My backup buddy experience - a happy customer

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by ejsmass2, Dec 28, 2009.

1. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

I called and bought one about a month ago. The woman on the phone was delightful to work with. When it arrived I was a little disappointed with the light of the LED light model. I recieved a follow up email and expressed my displeasure. The vendor offered me any resolution I cared for. He also send me some pics of what I should expect.

This was the turning point. I needed to adjust how the lights were setup. They then worked great. I am elated with the service I have recieved and with the approach of th4e backup buddy folks.

I was the probel and not them. I am very happy with their service.

2. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I just found their site, after seeing a post here earlier today about the discount for PlowSite members. I had seen them mentioned before, but when I tried Googling for it, I just ended up with other companies.

That's the flasher you have under your rear bumper in your "Video 2" (B8Z3kPfQPQA), right? I wondered what it was until I went to the Back-up Buddy (gotta get that hyphen in there) page for PlowSite members. As soon as I saw the first pic on their page, I was pretty sure where I'd seen one before, lit up.

I think that's going to be one of the first things I buy for better visibility when backing up.

3. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

Right . That is the flasher I have under the rear bumper. They have done a very quality job. They are great to deal with.

4. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

Well, I just bought one tonight to try on one of the trucks...so you better be right about how good they are...;)

5. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Post some pics, Paul. (BTW, funny avatar there. :D )

EJS, did you get a lock with yours? What kind is it, and do you lock yours when it's on the truck?

I'll probably add some death-ray lights like you have, along the top of the back corners of the truck bed, but I'm hoping the Back-up Buddy will help me spot lurking tree stumps and other obstructions behind me.

6. searay220

searay220 Member

What kind of problem did you have with the lights? Which one are you guys buying the municiple or heavy duty? Can they stand up to an occassional backing up into a snowbank?

7. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

I lock mine on the truck...;)

8. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

I did get eh lock

I did get the lock but I am not using it. I am happy with the product