1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My back up truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BRAAAP, Feb 19, 2007.

BRAAAP Senior Member

Put a plow on my 02 1500 just as a back up. its a sno way with DP. Not the best looking plow but it works good. Only got to get it half painted going to finish the rest in the spring.

BRAAAP Senior Member

working on the pics
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

if you can't get it, you can send it to me at mcwlandscaping@yahoo.com and ill resize (if needed) and post it for you.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

sure hope im posting these in the correct thread!! LOL

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

great looking truck man, i like it alot.
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That is too nice of a truck for it to be a backup! I know many guys that would like that as their primary.
  7. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i agree the backup trucks i use are 20-30 years old and completely rusted out
  8. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Its a Dodge, you're going to need a backup truck for your backup truck. Just Kidding
  9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Looks good man, truck looks like mine, except mines a 06. If thats your backup trucks, whats your primary???:dizzy:
  10. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

no doubt!!! i want to see the regular truck!!!!! wesport
  11. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Thanks guys for all of the complements. I wasn't going to plow with the truck but i found the plow for 200 bucks and couldn't pass it up.Funny you should say a back up truck should be 20 years old because my main truck is a 86 dodge 350 dump. Going to paint it in the spring to match my half ton. Thanks
  12. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I guess if we where all smart we would run with old trucks and keep our new ones for just driving but i guess if im gonna spend 30,000 on a truck, im gonna use it!
  13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I think you have it a little backwards! That truck is really sweet looking! What engine does it have under the hood?
  14. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Ya i know i've got it a little backwards! lol. I've got 3 drives that are 1500-2000 ft long and a good size parking lot and truck road at a factory that i have to use my 1 ton for. Only being a 1/2 ton i hate to beat the crap out of it plowing thoes. the truck is a 1500 QC with the 360 no hemi .
  15. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I think you're doing it the right way myself. That truck is too nice and too light duty to beat the living hell out of on a regular basis. The dump is definitely the better choice...heavier, bigger plow, can put a sander in the back and if it hits something hard the worst thing you've done is to make a clean spot on it. Try that with the nice shiny Dodge and you'll end up crying.
  16. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. I like the look of the sno way on the ram 1500. Thanks again
  17. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I would love to have that set-up! Sounds like you got a sweet deal on the plow too!
  18. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I think you got it rght. I plan on doing the same thing by next fall. I plan on getting a newer truck and keep on running the 97 K2500 as my primary and add a dunp unit to it. I may sell my 1979 Dodge 4x4 1 ton that is my backup now. When the 97 stats to wear out I'll make the newer truck my primary, sell or trade the 97 and get a newer one to be the next backup. I always like a nicer truck for my personal every day driver.
  19. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

thats one nice backup truck
  20. hemi2008

hemi2008 Member
    from Georgia

Looks great man! Hows the 1500 do with the plow?