1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My back hurts...........................

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sledhead, Dec 24, 2001.

1. sledhead

sledhead Member

Spent all day sat. (noon to approx 1:30 am sun) installing the new Western onto the Super-Duty.
    My hats off to the guys who do that for a job. Would'nt want it.
    How ever I do know where every wire, conector, bolt, washer, nut, pin, relay, and hose are on the plow.
    I guess that could come in handy if a problem arises.
    Am very impressed with the new Ultra-mount. Very easy on and off, and leaves the truck with a "clean" look for the off season.
    Installation directions were very good and pieces fit and finish are superb. Only problem I had was finding the "hot" accessory wire under the dash. Instructions called for a lt. blue/pink wire,
    well I found one, way up in no-mans land, and to my surprise, you got it, not hot. 1 hr shot. Well turns out that the wire is white/ lt. blue.
    Maybe Western would like to here this story instead of you guys.

Anyways Ill post some pics. if I get that digital camera I've been asking for at Christmas.

Now where did I put that Ben-gay.

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd have to agree with you... I don't think I'd want that job. I install accessories on vehicles for a living, but not snowplows. I think the heaviest things I do are trailer hitches and grille guards. But also like you said, it is nice to know exactly where everything is if a problem should arise... you'll have a much better shot at solving it yourself.
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Once you do a few, especially if it is the same plow and or truck you learn shortcuts. The installers at a shop are very fast because that is what they specialize in. The problem is that they usually are not as neat as we may want.

By doing the install yourself you assured that it is up to your specs.
  4. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

And don't forget that a sore back today turns into a fat wallet (at least you hope) tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all here at plowsite.