1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Baby Deere Project Is Pretty Much Done.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DeereFarmer, Dec 7, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I know it isn't much to look at, but this is my first restoration project. I pulled this thing out of my dealer's junkyard two years ago and bit by bit have been restoring it. I wish I had before pics, but I don't. All new paint, decals, tires, wheels, tranny, rearend, clutch, engine, lights, and a whole new wiring system. Added the plow and cleaned that up and painted it. It still needs a little bit of work. A little paint here, a new cutting edge on the plow, and a new seat. Then she'll be brand new. Not bad for an 18 year old tractor. I've had her running for the last year and have used it on the farm, so she gets beaten up faster than I can repair her. Hopefully at the end of the winter I'll tare it down one more time and have it looking perfect. Fun little project to get my feet wet with. It plows pretty well. It's a tank with 100 lbs. of weights on the back.

1.JPG

2. DeereFarmer

Picture number two...

2.JPG

3. DeereFarmer

Picture number three...

3.JPG

4. DeereFarmer

Picture number four...

wesport

4.JPG

5. DeereFarmer

Picture number five...

5.JPG

6. DeereFarmer

Picture number six...

6.JPG

7. DeereFarmer

Last one...:waving:

7.JPG

8. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

That's awesome. at the end of this summer i just got done with my first restroration project too. 1971 john deere 70. frame off rest. new paint and decal's. did you put a new engine in? looks good

9. DeereFarmer

Yup I put the engine in. It was totally rebuilt by my Deere dealer. Has about 20 hours on it right now. I'm friends with my dealer, so they help me out and give me some good deals. The sponsored my race car, so we have a good relationship.

10. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I have wings on my tractor blade that extend it from 42'' to 56''. I did 24 condo drives all about 30' long in under 4hrs. with six inches down two years ago. I like the look of your tractor from the side.

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i would love to do sumthin like that but cant find the time. looks good FTO

12. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Nice work! Just need to wipe off the dust. How many HP is the engine?

13. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I noticed there are no trip springs on it, that must not be fun.

14. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

ahhhh that takes me back too the day of being 8 and plowing with the the old mans garden tractor :) good luck and keep us posted

15. DeereFarmer

Thanks guys. I used to plow with one just like it only it had a hydro tranny when I was 11. Had 5 drieways my first season. Even then I was charging $35 hahaha. I was never a low baller. The engine has around 14 HP I think. It has a 5 speed manual tranny which I like a lot better. It gets the job done and then some. Not having any trip springs is no fun at all. With my old one I remember hitting a few rocks and ruts that put me into the steering wheel. I hit one this past storm that knocked the hood open! My friends give me hell for being 19 and using a lawn tractor. They can laugh all they want, but when I bring out the 4310 for the real storms, the laughing stops. They always seem to smile when I plow out their drives. I wonder why that is?!?! Forgot to mention that I washed it up really well right after the pics were taken, of course. It looks much better clean. The paint sparkles.

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Very nice job!!!! I restored a 1963 Cub Cadet a couple years ago, did the whole nine yards like you did. It feels very good with the after product. Now I just need to get a blade for it. Post up some action pics of that baby!!!:nod:

17. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Johny, i got the same one except it dosent have the stock head lights

18. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

what size cub? i have a 124 we custom made mounts for a plow. but they make snow blowers for those cubs that would of been more fun

19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice setup, I bet those extra headlights help alot. I had an old craftsman 6 speed but it couldn't push much, now I got my quad!wesport

20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Very nice FTO. There's a 1974 Deere tractor for sale locally for $400, needs a little tlc, but it's a heavy one. It has 5 lug rear wheels and a Kohler engine. I want to make a mini loader out of one real bad! Looking forward to action pics of your tractor.