1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My awesome new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EGLC, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

So I purchased a 2000 F-550 on the 27th from a member (cannot say who due to the moderators). He assured me this truck was CLEAN & 100% operable to be an instant replacement for my GMC2500 that was in a bad accident. Due to drive hitting me at stop sign.

I drove 5 hours to pickup this truck. The final 1.5hr of the trip was in whiteout conditions in Syracuse NY. He assured me the whole time, this truck would be solid and ready for tomorrow's imminent snowstorm. He even said he went out of his way to load plow into bed of truck to made the ride easier for me. Upon arrival the truck was COVERED in snow and salt. I should have turned around, but due to a past great truck purchase experience on here I foolishly took his word. Foolishly is honestly an understatement, I was an idiot.

He claimed: No rust/rot. He even said the truck had two new power window/power lock doors on it. With fresh black paint, and professional body work.
    The truth: After power washing off the truck I found the rocker panel on driver side is completely rotted. Cab mounts are rotted. Passenger side fender is rotted. Front bumper is starting to show signs of rot through chrome. Seat is not just a tear but destroyed. Paint its still RED in many areas, flaking in others, nice gash on drive side of cab & missing a F550 emblem. And finally the power locks don't work.

He claimed: Truck needs rear exhaust from muffler back.
    The truth: Truck needs entire exhaust from turbo back. He offered me $200 off for this issue he pointed out when I met him in NY.

He claimed: Truck was 100% ready to go.
    The truth: Went to start truck next morning and wouldn't start. It needed glow plug relay + air & fuel filters (dirty) + the air intake heater relay. Not even mentioning, non-working lights & bad plow.

He claimed: Nice ready to go 100% BOSS 8'2 V-blade with wings
    The truth: passenger side wing was ripped clean off. A-Frame is BENT off center. Raised plow for first time after unloading, hose blew immediately. Passenger side plow light is held on by a ziptied and marker light is out.

He claimed: Front-end tight and no issues.
    The truth: SEVERE TIRE CUPPING.

BOTTOM LINE IS: There are some shady members on here, don't trust someone just because of post count or length of membership. In final if this member would like to redeem himself I would be willing to sell back truck for a $1,000 loss to pay for him to send out a driver and fuel to get it. It is sad some people are so willing to screw others....even on a message board.

I will chalk this up as a lesson learned and hope you the reader learn as well.

NOTE TO THE MODS: I am not attacking anyone. If you removed this you violate my 1st amendment right, but if you do as our president does, that is no big issue...lol

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Cleaner version, its a shame he took advantage of you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Notice un-centered plow? A-frame is tweaked badddd...couldn't tell because it was in the bed. upon first raise, blew a line....ALL potential buyers, PLEASE don't end up like me. When you are between a rock and a hard place don't rush to find a replacement.

[​IMG]

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

my custom interior with cd player & custom pw/pl that don't work....love'n life

[​IMG]

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

my custom exhaust...only needs a tailpipe guys!! sikeeeeeee, need a new one turbo back :)

[​IMG]

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, you need to do your homework when buying/selling something, etc...there are also always two sides to a story and not saying you are right or wrong, just letting you know that. as this reads/is stated now, we can leave, however, if the thread turns into name calling, attacks, etc. then yes we will remove, if someone wants to contact you personally then then can send you a pm for more information, etc. but no need for a "witch hunt" or big bashfest of a thread

thanks, we would appreciate it

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

all setup to tow, with that nice pintle hitch I was promised...oh and the lights don't work...

GREAT SETUP to tow my ghost trailer, DOT CAN'T TOUCH ME NOW!!!!

[​IMG]

9. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

That absolutely sux brother!! Im sorry 2 hear about that!! I REALLY hope U get that squared away with the janky seller ASAP!!!

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I always had a problem fueling these tanks on ford cab and chassis with fuel coming back out at me once almost full....with the custom fuel intake suspension system I am SURE this won't happen again purplebou:dizzy::bluebounc

[​IMG]

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Custom tires, for maximum traction. Why aren't you guys running these yet?!?

[​IMG]

12. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Can't you dispute the deposit with paypal and maybe recoup some money. If not I would try to fix some of the easier things on it so you dont get hammered on a repair bill. Btw how did you get it home?

13. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Sell it for a loss, learn your lesson and buy something without a rush. I feel for you, I've been in your situation years ago with an 88 Chevy 2500.

14. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Check the state laws, here in MA you cannot buy a car "As is" and have 30 days to find issues and the person has to fix them or take the vehicle back I believe.

15. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Why would you have even bought it or taken possession of it after seeing it? This just doesn't make sense to me. Nobody is that stupid, are they?

16. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

NEVER say this...someone will always prove you wrong :laughing:

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

you're a little late to the party.

18. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Dam dude, why didn't you ask someone around here to look at it for you!!

I'm 45 minutes away,,

In the future you never come here for trucks you go south!! Even newer trucks are junk up here!

19. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep you can find some decent ones tho. There not all that bad

20. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

You said it was white out conditions, are you sure you got in the right truck? Maybe you drove the wrong one off?

Sucks but sounds like you were in a rush and over looked a lot of things in plain sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.