1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My A-Frame broke

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by JeepTJ, Jan 11, 2009.

1. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

I bought my ST-90 thru a Sno-Way clearance sale via plowsunlimited back in Nov 06. See thread: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=36386 Today, I noticed the right side lower edge was scraping the ground with the plow raised up. The A-frame broke on the left side just aft of the harness mounting bolt, where the lower reinforcement plate is located. See photos: 1st one the crack is seen just above the cylinder and in the middle of the photo. The 2nd one is shown to the left of the down pressure piston bolt. Would this be coverd under warranty? Is the A-frame still available from Sno-Way? Can it be welded? The closet Sno-Way is 45 minutes away (Cocheco Equipment) and I don't have a lot of free time to get there.

A Frame Crack1.jpg

A Frame Crack2.jpg
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Line it up and weld it in place. If it's to far gone Snoway still has parts in stock I believe
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

If it was welded prior it should be able to be welded again unless stuff is really badly bent. I would look into the warranty coverage, and if they won't cover it, go to a reputable local machine fab shop and have them reweld it. They will do it right. Welds look cold on your pics.

Looking again, I see the metal has cracked. Yikes. I would just weld it up and add a plate to strengthen it up where you can.