1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my 99 zr2 with homesteader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 99zr2, Oct 28, 2003.

1. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

here are some pics of my 99 zr2. i got the plow last year when they first came out. the pics are from last weekend.
  2. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

sorry i am new at this. please help. cnat seem to post pics.
  3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Heres one pic

truck with plow 004.jpg
  5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

And another

truck with plow 011.jpg
  6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

and the last

truck with plow 003.jpg
  8. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Being a Meyer and Blizzard fan, I hate to say it but I kinda like this plow. Neat idea using the "rubber bands" :p
  9. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Nice little plow rig get some pics of it in action this winter. Does that plow have down pressure? How does that trip action work, I know theres no snow, but did you try bumping into something I wonder how those rubber bands work. Let us know.
  10. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Looks good:nod:

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

very nice

12. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

thanks eveyone. jay u have to email me on how to put my pics up. i cant get them up for the life ove me.

90plow the plow trips fairly good. seince this is my first plow i dont know if it tripping to easy or not but it does have some force comming back at you. i bought the plow last year and it worked great then. too late it the season for a big storm though.:(

but thanks agin eveyone
  13. MA 2001 Blazer

MA 2001 Blazer Junior Member

I am looking into buying a homesteader plow for my 2003 Trailblazer and I have a few question.

1. Does the blade have a seperate edge on the bottom for scraping the driveway?

2. If yes, is the bottom scrape edge plastic or metal?

3. If it is plastic, do they make a metal edge?

The reason I ask this is because I have a fisher Minute Mount 6 1/2 foot blade on my S-10 2001 blazer now. ( It was bought back when I had a 1995 S-10 blazer and I swapped it over to the 2001 ) It is the LD series and must weigh @ 450 pounds. ( They only made this for the S-10 for a few years )

The problem I had was that the S-10 came with a poly scrape edge but it would not scrape down thru ice or packed snow until I replace the poly edge with a metal edge. ( the metal edge added about 60 pounds to the plow )

I am concerned that with the homesteader I will have the same problem or worse as it weighs about 1/2 what my plow nows weighs. ( more weight = better scraping )

The blazer is coming off a lease soon so I will neww to get a plow for the Trailblazer.

If someone can take a close up picture of the scape edge and e-mail it to me at uttero@attbi.com that would be great.

14. Fastcar

Fastcar Member
    from MA

Been thinking about putting a plow on my 03 Tahoe Z-71 So, I have a bunch of ??'s
    How much does it weigh?

What are the controls like? Fast or slow?

Off and on easy?

Will it back drag?

15. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

The contro,s are ferry fast because it only weighs about 250 for the 6'8" blade that I have. I is farily easy to get on and off. Just takes practice I guess. It also does back drag.

Josh 99zr2
  16. Fastcar

Fastcar Member
    from MA

Thanks for the answers!
    Here's more questions.

Does it go on the truck like the Minute Mount?
    Looking at the pics, it almost looks like a MM with a light weight mold board.

Any problems with deep snow?

Will it stack?

What type of controls do you use?

17. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

Here is one plowing

internet pictures 057.jpg
  18. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

19. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The homesteader plow actually scrapes really well . We have what is called a scrape-lock system in it. The scrape-lock is built into the lift cylinder, and prevents the blade from riding up unless it exceeds the preset 1200psi relief valve. This blade will plow Thur quite a bit of snow. The blade will stack snow good but need to remember this is a homeowner blade and is not made to plow commercially. This plow weights 250lbs for the 6'8" and 280lbs for the 7'4". We offer the same controls as our other plows. The plow comes with a metal cutting edge as standard. I hope this answers all of the questions mentioned in earlier post.
  20. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor