1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 99 f350 and 05 f450

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by P.L., Dec 29, 2009.

1. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

My plowing trucks.

Plowtruck.jpg

450plow+trailer.jpg

plow trucks2.jpg

350sander2.jpg

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Nice equipment, love the F450 looks really sharp!!!! Is the 450 a 6 speed or auto?

3. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Thanks, it's an auto

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I bet they would look alot better parked at my house :D haha looks good anyways

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

^ you wouldnt know what to do with them.....

nice f450, you a landscaper?

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

You drive em just like any other vehicle *******.

7. buffalonick

buffalonick Junior Member

Wow love the set up, that is what i want to have in a few years. Dump looks great.

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Trucks look great

9. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice trucks.. wouldn't mind having either of those in my stable

is that a 76 f-350 on the left in the last pic?

a JD on the right??

10. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Good looking rigs you have there. Hope you have a great season!

11. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Ya I'm a landscaper. I do lots of hardscapes and tree work, but will pretty much do anything in the landscape if it pays. The 99' is a 7.3 with 125,000 miles, I bought it with 40,000 about 6 or 7 years ago. I am very picky with my trucks and don't like dents or dings, but I also have a very good body guy that I bring the truck to every year or two. The 99' is finally set up just the way I want it with heavier front and rear springs, stereo and satellite, sander and plow ect. ect. so I want to make it last. Also I can't justify getting rid of the 99' for a 6.3, I still get close to 20 miles per gallon and best of all no truck payment on the 99'. The 450 I bought in 06 brand new as an 05 left over and love it. It only has 25,000 miles so no problems yet except I just had to put new tires on it. The plow is new as of a week ago, I needed a back up truck now that I finally have a good plow route I don't want to lose the accounts over broken equipment. The funny part is when I bought the truck it had a plow on it and I had them take it off to save 5,000 and then 3 years later I just spent 5,000, that's how it goes. I hate the idea of plowing with it because once you take it out on the roads during the winter let the rust begin, so for now I'll stick with the 99'. At the end of the day there both work trucks, but to me their such a big investment that I don't think I'll ever be able to treat them that way.

12. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Ya its a 76 on the left, that one ready for the dump, cabs completly gone. The Jhon Deere, is my buddies I thinks it a B that will be for parts or look brand new some day, he restores quite a few of them.

13. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

it's amazing how many people don't think that way. i can't see getting rid of a good truck, with low miles, in good shape, just to have a newer truck.. i can see if it's a maintance hog.. but not if things are kept up good

14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I dont like fords but thats a very nice F-450 you have.

15. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Good lookin rigs...

16. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

I do a fair amount of mataince on the 350 but am able to do 99% of it myself. My payment on the 450 $750 a month and I usually pay $1,000 you can do alot of repairs every year and still not even come close to $12,000 a year in truck payments.

17. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice fleet!

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice trucks and plows. Good luck with them this winter.

19. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Thanks for all of the replies. So far only over storm but we got over 18". I want some more but don't mind a little down time either.