1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My '95 wont start

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RAW Details, May 10, 2010.

1. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

when u turn the key over the starter clicks once. replaced the starter and tried jumping it...... still the started clicks once and thats it. anybody else have this problem???? PLEASE HELP! im clueless, the truck was running perfect. shut it off. it sat for an hour or so then it started with this one click crap. thanks in advance!

2. RAW Details

oh btw its a 350tbi motor

3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Can you rotate the engine with a breaker bar?

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

there may be a relay there that is not working

5. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Re:

Solenoid sounds like it is working.

I had a 99 Chevy 1500, different style, but the wire strap connecting the power after the solenoid, going directly into the starter itself, corroded away and severed the connection. Sounds like the same type of situation you have. Could try and repair it by soldering it, but it might leave you hanging when most needed, so just replace it.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  6. RAW Details

i was thinking the same thing, ill be replacing the power cable when i get off work. keep ur fingers crossed for me guys!

7. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Do you have a fully charged battery? Didn't you test the old starter before getting a new one?

8. RAW Details

Battery check and starter tested bad all 3times tested

9. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

make sure the ground on the intake is good, chevy grounded them to aluminum intakes and put a steal bolt through it. also try taking jumper cabels and ground the battery to the block and take the positive and clip it on the starter and try it! best of luck to you!