1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 94 2500 and quad

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Greenwalt, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truck is a 94 chevy 2500 silverado. 6in procomp lift, 315/75/16 xterrians and a couple bolt ons to the motor. The truck is struggling pulling the trailer though.

Quad is a 99 fourtrax 300 4x4. FMF power core exhaust, 26in Spider trax tires, ITP wheels, moose lift kit, moose 42 in blade. Just installed the winch lift Tuesday night just before wednesdays first snow. This quad has paid for it's self many times payup

ENJOY!

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Your truck is very nicely done. Simple, yet gets your attention, I like that. If your struggling pulling thattrailer it might be time to regear. You'll have to do both front and rear gears because you have a 4x4. It'll get back what was lost with the bigger tires.

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

very nice rigs

4. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

it has 4.10 gears in it from the factory, TBI just doesn't make much power. I've been considering a vortec swap but that is too much $$. Thanks for the compliments.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Very nice how does quad handlw?

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

What kind of mods you got?? I had a 94 2500 with the 5.7 TBI and that thing could pull a house down with ease.

7. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Nice truck but Where's the PLOW? :dizzy:

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice looking Truck. Do you haul the quad a round with the trailer in the winter?

9. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

The quad handles great! Plows like a champ! wesport

The truck beofre it was lifted pulled like a champ, but I don't think the lift could of hurt it that bad. The truck has shorty headers, exhaust, intake, msd cap, wires and coil, jegs rotor, igniton module, newer plugs, throtle body spacer and injector spacer. I think i'm going to buy the holley 670cfm throtle body off my manger at work. He's selling it to me for $100, and working at Jegs I get a deal on it, but still retail is $500 so it's a steal!

I wish I had a nice big 9ftblade on the front of this truck. If it didn't have a lift, there would be a western or boss on it for sure! :nod:

Yup, I hual the quad around in the trailer. I find it works better than putting it in the back of the truck. Plus with the toolbox, the quad and blade sticks out of the bed a little far.

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

You do know that they have a chip for those trucks right?? With all of those mods, you should look into that and adjusting for the taller tires. I am sure that will help alot!!!

11. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

Ya I think Jet makes it don't they? I got one a while ago but it was all wrong for the truck. I talked to Jet and gave them some numbers off of my ecm and they said it needed one for a 3500 truck, b/c it has a ecm from a 3500 from the factory I guess. Guess chevy did that on their models with all the heavy duty equip on them back in 94?

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yeah, I think so. My 94 was the same way. They did that to be able to put the 8 lug 2500s under the heavy duty emmisions class. That chip will definatly help out your towing and power issues!!!

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

For towing and just more power with 315/35s changing to 4.88 gearing would help.

14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I agree. Gears are the key IMO.