1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my 77 Dodge with a Western, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BreyerConstruct, Dec 1, 2005.

1. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I’ve got a bit of a problem with selling an old truck, and could use some advice.

I have this old 77 Dodge ¾ ton, FT 4x4 extended cab truck. I bought it just over a year ago in Ohio (I’m in PA). It has a Western 7.5 plow on it, and my intention had been to fix it up and use it as a back-up plow truck.

Well, the company promising me 10 accounts only came up with 2. So I had more equipment than I needed, and limited income to fix up this old truck. I’ve patched most of the rust on the cab, and primmered it. The engine and tranny seem to work fine- we’ve driven it back and forth between my shop, my in-law’s (where it’s stored) and a buddy’s shop.

I just bought a 94 Dodge that’s set up nicely for what we do, and really don’t need this old 77. So I decided now was the time to transfer registration to my name, and just sell it outright. Turns out there are 2 errors on the signed and notarized Ohio title; first, the price is smudged, second, the seller re-wrote the first initial of his name. The dear ladies at my local AAA say Harrisburg will reject the title. They’re saying the only thing I could do is get a new notarized statement from the notary in Ohio stating everything is accurate; but there’s still no guarantee Harrisburg would accept it anyway.

So what’s a guy to do? I don’t need the truck, though I could use some $$ out of it.
    Does anyone know if I can sell it as a parts truck w/o the title? Or could this be sold in Ohio?

Honestly, if someone needed a decent parts vehicle & a decent plow, this could be perfect. I’ve got about $1500 into this truck excluding my time. If anyone is interested in it, please let me know. Also, if you have any idea of how to sell it properly, I’d love to hear from you.

Here are 2 pictures from when I bought it and a picture of after I did some work to it. I would be more than happy to answer any questions, or take more pictures.

plow trucks 005.jpg

old 1.jpg

old 2.jpg
  2. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Sounds like Harrisburg is picky.

Indiana would switch title and reg. it as long as you have the title in hand, they may ask how much you paid if it's not legible but i've never had a problem here. Been plenty of times there were chicken scratches on titles i've signed or recieved.

You could sell it as a parts only truck (no title) If i had the money i'd consider buying that truck but it's not in my budget. However other states arent as picky so if you were to sell it say on ebay and out of state doubt there'd be a problem for someone to plate and reg it. Not sure if someone could do a rebuilt title or lost/stole title for it. Guess alot of it depends on the state your in. Just my thoughts.

3. captfudd

captfudd Member

How much do want for the machine?

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

id try another tags place.

5. nherweck

nherweck Junior Member

6. BreyerConstruct

Hey guys,

I'd love to see $750 for it. It'll be a loss on my end, but that should be cheap enough that whoever bought it would have a really good deal- I figure that's what the plow is worth & the truck's "free".

7. BreyerConstruct

Hey Nherwreck,

Sent ya an email...
  8. nherweck

nherweck Junior Member

I sent you a reply! Thanks!
  9. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Heck, you're close enough...Maybe just drive up here to Harrisburg and deal with PADOT directly. You may have better luck. Worst case, see if you can get the new info from Ohio and go from there.

I currently plow with a 77 1/2 ton Club Cab Dodge....great plow trucks! Wish I had room for yours. $750 is a SCREAMIN deal.

Good luck.

If there's anyway I can help out up here (I'm 15 min. from PADOT), let me know.

Mike (440trk)