1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 76 Chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fumotorsports, Feb 16, 2004.

1. fumotorsports

fumotorsports Junior Member

76 Chevy shortbed w/ 7' meyers. Good strong kickass work truck.:drinkup:

jj\'struck1.jpg

2. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

:yow!: Hey dude You gotta post some pics of it in the snow. nice lookin chevy though:drinkup:

3. fumotorsports

yeah,ill get em in next time

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Hey nice truck man!

You need a wider plow though! A 7 footer is perfect if all you want to do is plow with it straight! With those big 35's, you definately NEED a 8' wide plow in order to properly operate at full angle.

I had a '76 with a plow too!

\'76 chevy1.jpg

5. fumotorsports

yeah,this truck came with this plow and i was never really going to get into it...im in the hunt for a 7.5 power angle...thatll do the job fine

6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Just a tip......I suggested an 8 footer due to your tire/wheel combination and the better performance you'll achieve.

Take a tape measure and measure across your front axle. Outside tire bulge to the opposite outside tire bulge. This is your track width. I'm going to shoot in the dark and guestimate your front track width to be about 84" with the tire/rim combination you have.

So, At full angle.......

Your current 7 footer only plows a 73"-74" swath.

A 7 and a half footer only plows a 78"-79" swath.

An 8 footer clears an 83"-84" swath.

7. evil snowman

evil snowman Member

hey nice looking truck.:nod: looks like your hood gaps need adjustment. ;)

8. fumotorsports

yuor right tls,i should go with an 8...i thought that may be too much but it would be nice to have the extra anyway..ill be lookin for that..

9. fumotorsports

new pic

heres a pic with some snow

resize1.jpg

10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Very nice rig, just waiting to make some payup :D

11. 83chevy

83chevy Junior Member

more pics

Could you take some more pictures of the mount for me? I just bought a plow that came off of a ford and I'm putting it onto a 1983 Chevy. If you could send pictures to Drew.A.Green@gmail.com would be awesome!!!

thanks,
    Drew

12. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

VERY nice Chevy. I want to find an old Chevy in good condition. Many around my area have rust on them. The 70's style in a Chevy was better than the 80's in my opinion.

13. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

old chevys, 70's through 87 are awesome. got a 1987 myself

14. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd post mine.

It's a '79 K10 Scottsdale
    350sb (it's been through a few engines)
    TH 350 w/ 226,000
    31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich all terrain

Got the rig, plow and an extra rebuild-able engine all for free. This truck has no floors at all and the fenders were completely rotted away. The entire front end needed to be replaced to correct all the play in the steering. I rebuilt all of the body for now until I can afford replacement parts. All it needs is a cheap paint job until I can replace those parts and get it a sweet paint job.

DSC01267_6.JPG

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

JRM, don't worry about the looks, as long as it gets the job done, right. :)

16. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Just be real carefull if your actually driving that truck.

Just from the picture, I can see the cab sagging over the frame.

No floors?

No floors = No cab mounting points + Step on brakes real hard = Cab seperating from frame.

Or worse.....Step on gas real hard, cab creeps back, throttle stays open, loose control of truck.

Be Safe!

17. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Well I replaced the floors last winter. The cab mounts are all dried out and need to be replaced. It looks to be sagging from that angle because the bottom of the front fender, between the tire and door, isn't bolted on and is sticking out.