1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my 335 dollar snow plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fatboyNJ, Nov 18, 2009.

1. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

picked it up in august for 200 bux, only had to put 135 bux into it which included a new motor, some pins, marker flags, and a new chain...
    sorry dont have any before pix didnt think of taking them

hopefully have some pix of it mounted up to my truck this weekend

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Only way you can really beat that is if it was free! Nice find & good job on the restoration!
  3. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

yea i think i got lucky...they guy had it posted on craigslist for 350 about 100miles away...we went to look at it and offered the guy 250 and he countered our offer with 200...couldnt get the money out of my pocket fast enough...

thanks but i cant take the credit for the resto, my dad took care of all that
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

it was probably hot....
  5. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

highly doubt it...it was in pretty rough shape when i got it...and he had a lolad of spare western parts he gave me also, hoses pinks bolts etc....seemed like a homeowner had baught it the motor went and he didnt know how to fix it, and he no longer had a truck for the plow
  6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

probably? lol still a good buy.
  7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

You offered the guy $250, and he countered with $200??

I wonder if he's got anything else for sale... Those are the best guys to buy stuff from! :dizzy:

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

How dumb do you have to be to counter offer $50 less then what was just offered to you:dizzy:

Even if he dint steal it you did :nod:
  9. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

yup!!..he said he didnt use it in 4 years and was unsure if it worked, im assuming he knew it didnt work and just wanted to get rid of it, plus this was early august i came across this
  10. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

no clue!!!
  11. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Can't beat that!

Looks good by the way.
  12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'll give you $500 right now for it. Even if it is stolen, lol.
  13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Wow thats a really awesome deal on that plow.
  14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Jeez- you stole that thing! Looks good!
  15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Come on you have more than $150 into it. the cutting edge looks new and it has curb guards...thats like $150 alone.

Either way good buy for $200. You should see what I just sold for $200. 6'6" western with no motor, rusty as hell

EDIT: maybe it doesnt have curb guards, my computer makes it look like it does though
  16. overtime

overtime Senior Member

great buy. People around here will still try to get the highest for a junk plow. Looked at an old western guy wanted like 1200 for it looked like worth maybe 500.
  17. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

cuttin edge is prob about 75-80% just with a fresh coat of paint and some new bolts, and no curb gaurds, just had a little welded onto each side to "make" curb gaurds because sumwhere along the line some1 ground into the mulboard and didnt want to make it worse
  18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like you got one hell of a deal to me.
  19. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

Great job... and can't beat it for $335!!!!!!
  20. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Looks nice, but i gotta agree with him... ^
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009