1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My $2200 find.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Duncan90si, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I picked this up a few months ago and figured I'd post a few pics up. 1990 Chevy K3500 454, auto, posi rear, all power options with a Hiniker 8' plow. Not too bad for an older work truck. Gas mileage is under rated. :rolleyes:

PIC00271.JPG

PIC00272.JPG

PIC00273.JPG

Sorry about the bad quality. I paid $50 for the camera.

PIC00271.JPG

PIC00272.JPG

PIC00273.JPG

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

How many miles are on it. Looks like someone already fixed the one cab corner for rust. I like the truck always liked those trucks with the flares on them.

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If it runs decent you stole it.

Nice find I'm jealous.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

me too man. If i knew about this I would have bought a truck without a plow and bought that for a plow truck. I like the colors and how the colors are setup on it.

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Yeah someone put new corners and rockers on it. I'm going to redo them in the spring and weld them on instead of the good ole pop rivets.

134K on the odometer. It runs like a champ and lays a nice posi patch on demand. :D I just gave it a full tune up, gas tank, straps and fuel pump, tensioner pulley, brake lines, new fluids etc. It didn't have to have all of that done, but I replaced anything in question or that was worn or on its way out. I still have to run a couple new brake lines, exhaust and get a new dipstick tube then its good to go. I would rather replace everything while its warm then doing it in the middle of the night in a parking lot in the middle of a storm.

Oh and I still need to put a CD player and Sirius in it also. I can't plow without good tunes.

6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

no doubt that you stole that truck. always a good idea to change the little thing while its warm out. good luck this winter with itpayup

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Great deal, I had a 89 1/2 ton the same colour. You don't see 2 tone GM's anymore for some reason.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

AWESOME!!! find!! congrats on the new truck!

9. mcwlandscaping

Any interior pics? Motor pics?

10. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I went out and snapped a couple for you.

Interior is dirty right now but not in bad shape. Typical broken glove box hinges but no tears in the split bench seat.

PIC00304.JPG

PIC00305.JPG

A couple motor shots. I've got some plans for it next year. I want to tear it down and "spruce" it up a little bit. Nothing much to look at other than that shiny new tensioner pulley. Boy that sticks out like a sore thumb. Notice the 2 empty pulley boxes in the above picture. Both of my trucks tensioner pulleys went within the same month.

PIC00306.JPG

PIC00307.JPG

Someone made a second battery tray. I plan on getting 2 new batteries and an isolator and running dual batteries.

PIC00308.JPG

PIC00304.JPG

PIC00305.JPG

PIC00306.JPG

PIC00307.JPG

PIC00308.JPG

11. mcwlandscaping

Why are you going to do an isolator? I thought those were only typically used with campers and things that use a lot of power when the vehicle is off for a long period of time

12. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That truck was a great buy especialy for a 1 ton, I wish I could find a deal like that.

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I seen it on lawnsite but it looks good with the plow I didn't know it had posi! Congrats again.

14. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

You can use them on a plow truck and have the plow, spreader, auz lights running off of one battery, and the truck running off the other. I don't know for sure if I am going to use one or not. I've done a little reading and some people like using them and others just run two batteries in parallel.

15. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I couldn't help but notice the top of the air cleaner upsidedown:p

16. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing wrong with that, I do the same thing.:D

17. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

duncan, i stole a plow truck just like this one out in greensburg

92 350 2500 ext cab 8' bed TOUGH to plow with but dont even need to press the gas! hiniker plow, and salt spreader for 2800$ on ebay. took it to clevland to pick her ez dumper up. need to get some pics up of her! she is a tank, we call her blacky cuz she is black. the previous owner painted her with black tractor paint, wish i could find some more, this paint on this truck takes a beating and does not scratch easy.
    we have 4 of these trucks, 89-92 we love them! these are perfect plow trucks!

i love the 89, it is a short bed awesome for resi driveways

18. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I have a small fleet of 85-87 GMC's, but last week I just picked up a 1990 GMC K2500. I am inthe process of putting a cable operated Western 8' Pro Plow on it. It's single tone green to match the rest of my fleet and not as "velourious" on the inside as yours. Hopefully it will give me the same great service as my 80's units have!

Nice to finally get out into the 90's! :eek: