1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2014/2015 plow season

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Oct 21, 2014.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, back for another winter! I woke up today to the first snowfall at my house and it was around 7" of heavy wet stuff. Its supposed to be close to 40 the rest of the week with another chance of snow this weekend, with that in mind i have not even thought about getting the plow on the truck yet..but its higher on my list now!

Here is a few pics from today to start out my season, i'll get the F-250 and plow all ready to go here soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go back and help Todd and take your snow with you!

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

People wouldn't expect you to clear that much snow?

4. 91AK250

it should all melt away, i did have one guy whine so i put the plow on tonight and did one...the rest will go away.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

1st and only 7in of concrete is not worth posting.

Lucky SOB.....lol

6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

lucky dog you, good luck this winter

7. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

Can't wait to see more

8. 91AK250

Not a flake since then, now a warm front moved in and it was nearly 50F today. I'm ready for snow dang it!

9. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

We're you in Fairbanks this last week? I thought I saw your truck.

10. 91AK250

Nope, going up next week though. Friday in town and the weekend at Chena.

Have not been to Fairbanks since September 2013 when i went up to the Arctic Circle.

11. 91AK250

Still nothing in Anchorage...this will be the second Thanksgiving in my life time with NO snow...crazy!

I did go to Fairbanks, AK over the weekend and they had a little...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. steinerservices

steinerservices Junior Member

This is a bad start to the season. It hurts the bank account

13. 91AK250

Finally a little bit, hardly enough to plow but i did get out and do a few drives w/my truck over the weekend. Hopefully i can get some real plowing pics soon! supposed to get 4" overnight tonight.

Today i hooked up the new 9'2" BOSS VXT on our company F-450 and pushed around the lot some..that was fun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Are you guys selling many DXTs up there?

15. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

Get a new truck?

16. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Any significant snow yet?

17. 91AK250

Sold some DXT's i'm out of 8'2" but have plenty of 9'2"...with the way the weather is plow sales have dropped off.

No improvement in the snow situation, the weather has been warm hovering around freezing to slightly above and freezing rain if anything. Outlook doesn't look good for the next two weeks or so is what the weather people are saying so here i wait...

About a new truck I got a new daily driver, a 2011 F-150 Limited back in July.

Today we went in search of snow for a new commercial shoot with the company F-450. Had to drive up to Hatchers Pass outside Palmer to find any snow but there was a little. If i can get ahold of the raw footage i'll post it up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

How's it going up there

19. 91AK250

It's terrible, no other way to put it. We are on the low end short 30" of snow so far this season.

Over the weekend we had our heaviest snowfall....maybe 6" that's how bad it is.

I plowed my personal driveway for the FIRST time on JANUARY 24th! this is the most insane winter i can remember. by this time of the year i should have 6ft tall by 10ft long piles!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

What's in your 2week forecast? Temps cold enough?