1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2012 F250 Boss VXT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mike3767, Jul 24, 2014.

1. mike3767

mike3767 Junior Member

Here's my new baby. Got the truck 4 months ago and the plow 2 months ago and finally had time to put the plow on and play with it. It's hard buying a plow in the middle of summer and seeing it sit there. I can't wait for snow.

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That looks great, what kind of tires are those?
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

that's one sweet money maker you got there
  4. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Sweet looking truck. Tires look like the general grabber at2
  5. mike3767

mike3767 Junior Member

Thanks! And yes Plow man, your right!! Good eye. There 35 X 12.5. Hopefully there good in the snow!!
  6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Sweet looking rig!
  7. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks Mike. I have run them on my current Chevy 2500hd and they do really well, but I didn't get much life out of them. When we had the blizzard a couple of years ago I took a friend of mine to work in 2wd with about 1-2' snow drifts on the roads, plus it helped I had about 4-500 pounds of sand in the back of the truck
  8. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Great looking setup. Does it have a leveling kit and do tires rub at all? Also what is the offset on those wheels, I love that they sit about flush with the body.
  9. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice looking set up! I bet she'll do great this year!
  10. shawn_

shawn_ Member

What made you choose the VXT over the DXT, asking
    Because I am in the market for one of them just want to hear someone's opinion .

Nice rig btw beautiful .
  11. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a 8'2"?

Bad a$$ setup.
  12. mike3767

mike3767 Junior Member

IA Farmer, not sure on the offset. I wish I knew so I could help you out. When I bought the wheels, he didn't mention anything about if I wanted off set or not so I'm gonna assume there isn't an offset. Hope that makes sense. I haven't had any issue with rubbing as for when the plow is on, that might be a different story. I bought the plow and headed straight home so haven't done much driving with it. I will definitely keep everyone updated.

I chose the VXT because I was a little concerned about weight. The DXT that they had in stock was the 9' 2" I think. I just remember it had a 9 in front of it and with my truck being an everyday driver, I didn't want to beat it up to bad even tho it will get a little beat up having a plow on it anyways. The other thing was, thats what they had in stock and didn't want to wait for the new shipment of new plows due to the price increase. So basically, the plow chose me! Its the last one they had in stock!! Thanks everyone for the comments. What I forgot to mention was the truck looks black but is actually a dark green. Not sure the name of the color since I bought it used and there wasn't a sticker with it but I haven't seen another one around.
  13. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

What's the difference between the VXT and DXT?
  14. mike3767

mike3767 Junior Member

The difference is the DXT has different tripping system. It trips like a normal VXT but it also has the edge tripping where the blade contacts the ground. The other difference is the ones I've seen the DXT aren't built out of steel like the VXT. This is supposed to save weight. As far as I know, thats the only difference. Maybe someone else can chime in and help. Oh and the price!!!!!!
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck and plow. I really like all the chrome.
  16. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice ford and boss Vxt. Your lawn looks good in the pic too!:)
  17. Usedsnowplows

Usedsnowplows Inactive

DXT vs VXT the bottom cutting edge trips like fisher. It also makes the unit heavier than the VXT. The folks I've talked with are bolting them fast so they don't trip. They are complaining about the bounce caused by the constant trip with nominal resistance.
  18. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

I like those rims. I have the same truck but a crew cab.
  19. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That is one sweet set up!
  20. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

They're not steel hey? So what exactly are they made out of then??? Styrofoam??? Do your research and know what you're talking about before you post misinformation.