1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2009 GMC Sierra 2500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by knpc, Nov 16, 2009.

1. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

This is my 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 with a 8' Fisher. I have four whelen linz6 strobes, two in the grill and two on the end of the bed rails. Also two Hela fogs mounted on the rack as backup lights.

2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

That's nice. pretty color too!! Also it looks like your toolbox takes up the whole bed
  3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking plow rig you got there.

And does the back drag blade keep it off the ground that much?
  4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, I have the same box and it looks HUGE in a shortbed!
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck and plow. I also realy like the color.
  6. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Nice set up. I assume it is a gas motor. No Duramax on door. Love it anyway. Looks good. What kind of ladder rack is that and how do u like it? Been thinking about one for some time now.
  7. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

I OFFICIALLY HATE YOU. Even though I dont know you. My color, cab, brand, box, only if it was a Duramax/Allison then you would be w/o a truck someday. J/K! NICE truck. Good Luck!
  8. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

Thanks everyone. To answer a few questions It is a gas motor, I looked at a duramax, but for what I use it for I couldn't justify the extra 6k. The racks are tracrac and are great. They hold about 1000 pounds and can slide off if nessesary, the box also slides and can be taken off in a minute or slid to the back for 500 pounds of ballast. The box is a extra wide weathergaurd and takes up 27'' of the 6 1/2' bed. The box is big but as a carpenter I need all the room I can get for tools, and its still not enough.

truckplow 026.jpg

truckplow 027.jpg

truckplow 025.jpg
  9. Chevycrazyman

Chevycrazyman Junior Member
    from Mass

No. if he were to drive the truck foward after dropping the blade the plow would sit on the ground and the back drag blade would simply drag behind.
  10. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

11. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Slap a Whelen Mini Responder LP on the roof and you will be good to go.
  12. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Very NIce truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

thats a nice truck
  14. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I like that color too.
  15. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Nice color sould be nice to work on from what i can see of that garage. any more pics of that?
  16. prostk2

prostk2 Member

Great looking truck!!! Congrats
    Let us know how you like plowing with it!
  17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

How do you like those hella fogs, how much and where did you get them at? Thanks
  18. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I got the truck halfway threw last season so I did get to plow a few storms with it. I went from a 1/2 ton with a 7'6'' ld to this truck and love it. The extra wieght of the truck and plow makes plowing much easier.

The fog lights I just put on a couple weeks ago so we'll see how they are for plowing. From what can tell they should work well. They are very bright and light up a large wide area behind the truck and mounting them out at the ends of the racks reduces the shadow from the tailgate. The are hella FF50 fog lights and were $90 from BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com
  19. idaho Mike

idaho Mike Junior Member
    from idaho

nice truck
  20. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

looks good