1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2004 F350 w/ 9 ft fisher

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snow, Jan 28, 2011.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Just had the plow put on last thursday (1-20). The truck is kind of long so i went with the 9' vs the 8.5. The truck handles the plow great, i have a leveling kit in the front end and it hardly squats when i lift the plow.

Some random pics. Picking the plow up, etc.

2. snow

Plowing yesterdays storm which dropped 12-16" in greenwich.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice, I sure do like ford trucks in white, have fun this year
  4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks great. How did it a handle the 16''?
  5. snow

Not a problem. I need to get some ballast in the back, i'm sure it will help pushing some bigger piles back. The diesel def. has a lot of torque behind it. I plowed driveways 1 shot pushing a full blade with no problems.
  6. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

**** goes down in ct.....represent
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. 9' is the way to go! I upgraded from a 7.5' to a 8.5' and it made a world of difference. I plow for my buddy with his 9' and there is just no other way I would want to plow.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thats a crap ton of snow!
  9. snow

I'm with you 100%. One of my friends has a 9' on an F350 Regular cab and loves it. I figured its really not an issue with weight (14lbs) and it was only $50 more. If i ever get an other 350, whether its a reg cab/long bed or an extended cab/shortbed it will have a 9' on it.

For weight i'm thinking of getting one of those masonry bags which O&G or other masonry supply places deliver to jobsites which hold about a ton or so of sand. I figure if i get one of those with 6-700lbs in it that would work great right over the rear axle.
  10. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Very good looking truck brother, I am a ford guy myself.
  11. wow 9 feet i have an 04 with a 8 foot how does it handle all that plow??? I see you from ct what part???
  12. snow

I need to throw some weight in the back, but other than that it pushes great. Would never get anything smaller on an F350. I'm from the Stamford area.
  13. wow nice glad it works im from norwalk!!!
  14. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

plow and truck look awesome!
  15. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

were in ct are you?
  16. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Why didn't you run it without a bolt on cutting edge for a season?
  17. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

He is from the Stamford area.

Nice truck. Good luck with it! Least you will be putting it to good use this season.
  18. hey snow i noticed you have bfgoodrich all terrains. I was thinking about getting a set how did they work for you this winter in the heavy snow??
  19. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i like the over hang of the 9 foot....i plowed with a f450 last night here in mass. we only got a few inches but it was completly differnt then the 8 footer on it last time i used the truck. my rear tires didnt hit anything taken turns!
  20. snow

I like the tires. They were on the truck when i bought it. I've had them on a few other vehicles and was always impressed with them as far as wear, they also ride pretty well and don't hum on the highway.