1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2002 3500 Silverado Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mossman381, Sep 4, 2011.

1. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Ok, here is my new truck. It is an 2002 crew cab dually. I sold my 08 mainly because I bought a 33' 5th wheel camper and needed something to pull it. I have had the truck a little over a week and love it. It is not perfect and needs some work. It has 175K miles on it with a rebuilt trans. Body has scratches, rock chips and a pretty good sized dent on the passenger side door. I got the truck for $9K so I think I got a good deal. I have many plans for the truck. I want to put a two tone suburban interior with bucket seats up front. On the outside I pretty much want everything blacked out. I plan on painting most of the truck. Probably a leveling kit with 285's and some performance upgrades. I will post up things as I get them done.

Here is a pic of when I got it.

[​IMG]

Here are some pics after painting the wheels and 265's that I had. I think I want to go with 285's. Waiting for factory fender flares to take off the old man running boards. Also waiting on center caps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mossman381

Some more pics. Should have some more tomorrow if it stops raining.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Wow! You sold your grey truck! Congrats on the new diesel tho, I'm sure it will look great once you are finished with it. Any leftover parts from the 08 for sale?

4. mossman381

This truck is going to be better than my 08 when I am done :D All the parts that I took off the 08 are going on the 02. The frames are the same from 01-10. Nobody has bought my backrack so I might test fit it to see if it will work on the 02. I really wanted to make a new one.

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Injectors? Unimount going on this one?

6. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Wow Truck looks great!

7. toroplowman

toroplowman Member

how much for the back rack?

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you click on his "08 plowing pics" it says he wants $1,000 for it.

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

put some '08+ tow mirrors on it and cognito UCA's!

10. mossman381

I did a ton a research on the injector problem before I bought this. I am confident that I can do the job myself if the problem does come up. I looked up the vin at the dealer and from what I can tell the injectors are original. The plan right now is to put my plow on this truck.

Thanks

I am looking to get a $1000 for it.

Tow mirrors and a leveling/lift kit is in the plans.

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Looks dope man, Black rims make it look mean.

12. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I like it, I was looking at its GMC cousin a couple weeks ago but it sold. Do a good detailing on it - wash, clay, megs 105, megs 205 and a quality wax, it will look good as new.

13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

looks good!

14. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Sub'ed for more pics

15. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

black rims do it everytime!

16. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks good, had to have another '02 huh?!

17. mossman381

That is the look I am going for. I want people to think the grim reaper is going to get out of this truck :D

I am probably going to go a bit farther and wet sand and buff it. I am going to fix the passenger side door soon. I can't stand any dents in my trucks.

I guess now you know I was not kidding when I said I wished I never sold my 02 :nod: I know I keep saying this but I love this truck. It has just enough technology to be helpful yet not annoying. When my doors are open I do not get a message saying my door is open. And no more dumb tire pressure sensors.

18. mossman381

Thanks guys. I haven't had time to get more pics. I got to take a few when the wagon broke down again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Looks good. Welcome to the Duramax family. When the time comes you should get some EFI Live tuning for it. I have it in mine and its a totally different truck. I got mine done at Dans Diesel Performance. He is in Marengo, IL great guy and awesome service.

20. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Wow, you went back to the 02! I did love mine also although the 2010 is growing on me. You are dead on about the technology, not a nuisance in the 02.