1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2001 GMC 2500HD (Ontario)

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sojaes, Jul 7, 2010.

1. sojaes

sojaes Junior Member

So here is my setup...it all started with one single roof light and I eventually added more as needed to the rear, or sides as people didn't see a single light in daylight too well...once it was called a christmas tree I purposefully made it ridiculous and added more and more....no I do not use them all, when plowing it is rare if I even use half of the light bar's functions...but it is fun to just switch it all on and piss people off when they think you are problem. lol.
    so the truck has...
    - New Federal Signal Vista 5 rotator lightbar (with front and rear wigwag's with rear LED Cuda's in blue)
    - Amber Whelen SPECTIR8 dash light
    - 2 Amber Whelen TIR3's on fenders.
    - 1 Whelen Dominator 4 head (A/B/B/A) behind grill
    - LED Brake/Turn lights on backrack
    - 2 Grote "Oval" led surface mount led's
    - 2 Brookings industry switch boxes.

** Will add some photo's once I can compress the pics**
  2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

photos nice but a video will tell all
  3. sojaes

sojaes Junior Member

Sure thing...I'll try and get one up. I think I may have a vid of just my grill lights on youtube...I'll post the link here.
  4. sojaes

sojaes Junior Member

5. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I have always felt that there is no such thing as 'too many' lights on a plow vehicle. The last thing that I would want to hear in the unfortunate case of someone hitting me is 'I couldn't/didn't see it'. Some may call it overkill but as you said you dont need all the lights on all the time.
  6. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

On my plow truck I think I have as many lights as a normal unmarked police car and I have never had a need to run every light at the same time.It all depends onto which property / Road I am plowing as to which light I use and I also use some of my lights for all the different things I do such as Road Construction, Storm Spotter, Snow Removal, Amateur Radio Emergency Services just to name a few so over kill my depend on what all a person does or does'nt do
  7. sojaes

sojaes Junior Member

Yeah absolutely...so guys, I'll try to get some pics and a full video up soon...
    I am just in the midst of rebuilding a Federal Signal Vector from a New York Volunteer EMS Cheif's personal truck...
    I'm rebuilding that to make it look brand new with some new toys for my next truck whenever that may be :)
    Adding an LED sho me directional to replace the halogen SignalMaster...adding new domes, repainting the frame, adding blue LED's in 2 pods to the rear for plowing, but then I can still go to quebec without the hassle of blue lenses.
    I'll get pics of this project up soon too!