1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2000 Silverado horn sucks!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I was blowing my horn yesterday at some moronic driver on the road and he laughed at me. Here I got this nice big 2500 4x4 and a horn that sounds like a saturn or a mini. I dont even touch the horn due to it embrarasses me. I think I will rip it out and shoot it:gunsfiring: Any one have a womanly horn on their truck and know of a good upgrade and how much of a pain it is to put one in? Im thinkin about a real Dixie horn
  2. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

A horn out of any late 80,s to mid 90,s buick sounds like a frieght train :) Or you could go air horn:nod:
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I was thinking maybe a train horn:D
  4. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Dude, I am laughing so hard, i got tears in my eyes. I am so putting in a train horn:D :D :D :D
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Funny you posted that...i just ordered one today
  7. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

EBAY has them for 249.00 my buddy put it on his jeep last weekend.I am getting one for christmas I hope.

P.S did you see the video were the cop pulls the guys over because his taillight is out and the cop goes up front to check his headlights and the passenger blows the freaking train horn when the cop is in front of the car?I about crapped myself laughing.
  8. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

yea lol

lol ive seen it, its too bad that they dont show the cops reaction and what he gives them for a ticket
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

my first truck was a 2000 chevy just like yours i was scared to honk the horn i thought everyone would laugh at me
  10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I dont even hit the key fob twice to activate the alarm just cause that horn blows.
  11. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

two words...

do a search on youtube
  12. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Yup, Ive seen the whistle tip video . Bub rub and his sister are candidates for the
    duma$$ award. lol
  13. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Next on my list for what i need are TRAIN HORNS!
  14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Anyone know of a good, rather inexpendive, deep sounding air horn (not roof mounted)?
  15. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i know jc whitney sells tons of horns like this
  16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im putting truck air horns with a compressor on it
  17. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

anyone looking for train horns,ill sell my set, tank/comp/horns. pm if intrested
  18. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have a '03 2500hd I bought used. I thought maybe something is wrong with my horn too. Most Domestic cars I've owned had a pair of horns. It sounds as if there is only 1. So I gather maybe my horn is working normal from reading this post.
  19. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I installed dual 18" chrome trumpets behind the grill that run off an on board compressor. The whole kit was about $150 on EBAY. If you're looking to go a little less expensive then look at the bad boy made by Wolo. It looks like a stock horn but it's loud as hell.
  20. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I have the siren/airhorn straight out of a cop car in my truck. The airhorn sounds like a firetruck and when you lay on the horn it realy gets your point across! Every truck I ever have will have this setup lol.