1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2000 Chevy Silverado with Boss

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TJ Fed, Dec 14, 2009.

1. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Hi guys im new to the snow removal business ive plowed snow before but this is my first plow truck Its a 2000 Chevy Silverado Z71 LT with the 5.3 The plow I bought about 2 months ago its a 2009 Boss Super duty 7.6 Tell me what you think in the pics there is no ballast in the truck. Since the pics were taken I have added a leveling kit. Thanks for looking TJ. Oh im only 17 so go easy on me lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here was a few more pics of it oh its alot cleaner now. I had to go out in some fields so it had gotten a little dirty in the pics.

3. MMSOH99

MMSOH99 Junior Member
    from Ohio

what leveling kit did you put on your truck?

4. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

Nice Rig! my buddy has a 7.6 Boss poly on his half ton and does great with it, good luck!

5. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Hey it is a 3 inch Truxx kit it ran me I think right around 250 for it and I did the install on it. It was a very easy install just 2 new torsion keys and the 3 inch shock extensions.

6. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Im hoping it does good with it ive never plowed with it so ill find out soon I hope :confused:

7. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Sweet looking combo, Chevy and Boss go well together. Wish I could have afforded something that nice when I was 17.

8. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

good luck. It looks like a great truck and should make you some money!!

9. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Thanks guys Ya I got a good deal on the truck last year on Ebay paid $5000 for it and then this year I started doing lawn care and now im going to be doing snow removal as a sub and ive also got 4 accounts of my own 2 residential and 2 small businesses

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  10. blm86

blm86 Member

looks good. ive never seen a boss plow with the new lights in person but are they aimed pretty high up?

11. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Ya the lights werent really adjusted in the pic I do need to do that Thanks you for reminding me about that.

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck. Around hear I se alot of Chevy and GMC 1500s with 7.5' Fisher HD blades. They seam to plow realy good.

13. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Thanks the place that installed my plow is Midstate Truck Equipment very very good people. They told me it should push it just fine

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Your truck should handle your plow just fine.

15. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

The truck handles the weight great IMO not as good as our superduty but were talking a huge difference in price lol

16. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Very nice looking rig there, congrats!

17. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, that thing has some serious rust though it looks like on the rockers.

18. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

they are notorious for that right there...thats for sure...my last truck was a '99 2500 ec/sb and i had to replace that whole area...right where his is rusted out at...kinda a PITA but it was a good project...:dizzy:

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I know a guy thats got about the same year and his rockers are totally shot right in that area.

20. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Ya the rockers are even worse now i might try doing them my self here in the spring they drive me crazy the other side is worse then this. Both sides are gonna need rockers and cab corners. :confused: