1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 2 mins of fame

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Neige, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

that was great.

really neat to see the tractors in action doing drives, that looks faster than a plow....hmmm.

don't you just love customers, lets see, I don't want it to be fair, I want my loyal contractor of many years to go out of business because I don't want to pay extra for above average snow!?
  3. Grn Mtn

what size tractor and blower? ever have the problem of blowing snow too far? like into a neighbors property or shredding a newspaper and blowing it all over the yard? or crushing a bush? sorry for the rapid fire questions you just have me thinking.

course, around here if someone started using a tractor people would be like whats wrong with you, don't you know your supposed to use a truck:confused:, bunch a lemings lol.
  4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Hey Paul, nice promo ,I got 3 free this winter. So I still want to come see you but big surprise there never seems to be any time. If you could only keep 1 of your tractors which one would it be? Whose blowers do you use? Have you tried Pronovost XPXL? The XPXL seems sweet. Provonost demo video shows a rig where the driver is facing the blower!!! Do you know what it is? Do you buy tractors or winter lease? I'll guess you buy. I haven't plowed in 6 days, I think I'm having withdrawals or something.
  5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey Paul, good to hear from you. Here are my answers.
    Kubota 95X
    Pronovost P 96IV
    Yes I have, It takes longer to do a driveway with, and you need 2 extra valves. I like to keep things as simple as can be.
    That is a New Holland TV140. Its Awesome, its a hydrostatic tractor. It has a 3 point in front and in back. The inside of the cab turns around, so you can always be facing forward. A guy in town has one, I will go over this week and see him and make a video. It has to be seen.
    I buy them, I usally keep them for 15 years.
    I hope that I won't have to plow till November. LOL

Your welcome any time. I can even work it out to see that New Holland.
  6. Neige

Neige Sponsor

7. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Did it say 2700 houses for 20 trucks! I can't imagine dealing with complains on that many houses, seems my friend gets enough with just 250 houses lol. Set number of plow clauses are the way to go though, that way no shirts are lost!

Cheers and Nice work.
  9. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well Paul when trying to sell "seasonal" plowing services I often compare it to having snow insurance but ya know what? even insurance has limits!
    Nice "blip"!
  10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats awesome. Nice equipment. With a backblade like that, wouldnt it be smarter to just use a truck with a backblade so you can use it in the off season as well?

Also, I thought you were the guy that had a bad reputation from taking customers money without servicing them. Or am I thinking of someone else?
    if i am wrong. Sorry for the insult!
  11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

:cry: I'm not that Tony guy from Ottawa

That feels better.

As for using trucks, a tractor can do the drives 3 times faster. So I would have to own 54 trucks, + find 54 people to drive those trucks. :dizzy: And after a winter like this year where would I put the snow? With a tractor thats rarely an issue.
  12. Grn Mtn

hmmm, lets see, picking up some shredded plastic or fixing tire/plow ruts in the grass:rolleyes:

do the tractors get used in the summer, like municiple mowing or something? or do you run a farm, sorry if I missed the answer to that one.
  13. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We don't even pick up garbage that was hidden under the snow.

I do landscaping in the summer. So all my ag tractors sit idle during the summer. I do rent 1 out to a golf course and another to a farmer.