1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 1985 F-350 Dump truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 01PStroker, Jan 21, 2010.

1. 01PStroker

01PStroker Junior Member

Its got the 6.9 diesel and it is in pretty good shape for the year what do you guys think????????? All brand new cooper dis. S/T tires last year awesome to plow with this truck a boss v plow on it last year but really couldn't see very well and so took that off but might put one back on next year if i can get more accounts.:nod:

Picture 040 1.jpg

Picture 041 1.jpg

Picture 042 1.jpg

Picture 043 1.jpg

Picture 046 1.jpg

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Great looking dump. What do you mean you couldn't see, like out the back and around the sides?

3. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

I wouldnt mind it if it was Gmc. Nice Truck.

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

what front axle does that have? i know ford started using the dana 60 solid axle up front in 1986. does that have the dana 50 independant front axle? it looks to be sitting a bit tall up front for it to be a dana 50. maybe someone swapped a 60 into it.

5. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Nice rig that is when they made really work trucks not trucks that ride like cars,looks at the leaf pack in that thingwesport

6. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

Ford never used the TTB axle in their 1 tons

7. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Best of luck and keep working hard. I started with a 6.9 Ford. That truck was pretty cool keep us updated as you grow and update everything!

8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

no? then what front axle is in this truck from the factory, or any 80-85 1 ton 4x4?

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Wanna' sell it? That thing is freaking awesome. Nice score dude!

10. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

HAHA i was going to ask the same thing... i love that truck

how does that 6.9 pull?

11. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice lookin' truck. pretty clean for an '85 too

12. 01PStroker

01PStroker Junior Member

Well thanks everybody im not really sure what front axle is in it, the truck has had 4 tons of stone in the bed and pulling a 20' flat bed trailer with a 773 bobcat with bucket and forks and it did really well i was surpised with it grant it is not a race machine buy any means but it got the job done. with sellin it i had thought about it but sence it is paid for i think im going to run it till it dies :dizzy:

13. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

That is a good looking Ford. Should be lots of life left in it.

14. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Use your mirrors.

15. goatboy1

goatboy1 Member

great looking truck!

had a 1993 f250 for 17 yrs.then traded it in for $1500 on my2004 f350...still sorry I didn't keep it (not sorry for getting the f350)cause it was in great shape.Wife told me ...no space for 2 trucks...so that was it.. your truck though makes mine look like terrible !

16. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

hahah, "keep it till it dies" lil hint......It wont haha. And you know what really cool if the trucks in great shape after time and you have some more money and feel as if you need more power, they have full turbo kits for those at reasonable prices. Mine was slow as heck but it always would move forward.

17. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Where you get that info?

1980 to 1985 were TTB front axle not solid axle on F350.

1986 were first to have dana 60 on F350.

I am sure that preview owner upgrade to dana 60.

Nice F350 Never see those in good shape here mostly it end in junkyard for rot frame.

18. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

It looks to be in better shape than my 2000 f450 with 21k miles on it.