1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 1977 Dodge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by shadled, Oct 25, 2003.

1. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

This is my first post to the forum and I would like to give everyone a pat on the back for all the help you provide to each other. I have learned a great deal by reading this site. I thought I would start off my showing off my toy. :waving:

mvc-010f.jpg

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Nice looking truck:waving:

Welcome to plowsite,
    Mark K

3. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Nice truck! Welcome.

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

Nice dodge:)

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Good looking old Dodge plow beast. There is another newer member with an old Dodge with a Northman on it. You may see his pics floating around here.

Jay

6. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

Cool I will have to check that out.. This truck started out as an army ambulance. I removed the box and enclosed the cab. It was a nice summer project.

I found this nice used western plow that came off an '86 Ford. I had to fabricate/shorten the mount to fit the smaller Dodge frame.

Thank god for Mig welders. Make those tasks easy.

I will post some before during and after pics.

7. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

Before

Here is a before pic when it was an army ambulance/fire truck. I belong to this fire company and bought this vechile for 400.00 dollars.

fpv.jpg

8. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

During

During the construction

9. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

Here is the image this time.

during.jpg

10. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

Is that a 4X4?

11. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

Yes. I has an all time four wheel drive system with a locking diff on the front.

Shadled

12. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

welcome to the site, I am new to the site too and you are right there are some good people on the site. that is a tough truck you got there we have a couple in the sheriff's office that I am in and they are tuff. We left the ambulance box on them and we use them to move supplies between the jails especially in snow storms, they can not be stopped!!!! now go make somepayup

13. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Welcome to "THE BEST" plow site on the net!!:drinkup:
    Put some good meaty tires on that beast and show all the new trucks how it's done!!

14. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

I'd love to have seen it where you could swap the old ambulance box and the bed in and out.. That box would have made a great huntin rig.

Nice work though.. What's your total investment now??

15. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

That old box, which is still laying in my back yard added a lot of wait to the truck.. It had one heck of a heater in it. It was an old gas (piped straight to the gas tank) heater. Boy did that make heat.

Here is a rough break down of costs.

Truck - $400
    New Tires - $200
    Bed -$75.oo
    Tailgate -$20.oo
    Bumper -$15.oo
    Military Paint -$2.00 per gallon (took 2)
    Western Plow -$600.oo

Grand Total -$1314.oo

Not a bad plow truck for less then $1500. I got to plow with it a few times this year already, and boy can it push snow..

-----------------------

16. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa