1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My '06 GMC Sierra 2500HD DURAMAX/ALLISON!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mkwl, Jun 13, 2010.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the truck I've wanted to add for quite some time now, an '06 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD, extended cab, regular box, 4x4, G80, with....... the DURAMAX DIESEL and ALLISON TRANS!

The best part is... it matches my '03 almost perfectly!

I bought it with 81K on the odo, though they were all highway miles. An older man (72 to be exact) bought the truck as a retirement gift to himself, garage kept, never plowed with or 5th wheeled, and used the truck to bring his 1 Harley around the country to bike shows (hence the highway miles). Chassis is clean (very little surface rust), and body and interior are mint!

I bought it from a GMC dealer in CT, put $20K down on it and financed the rest ($9K including finance interest) to build some credit.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of my new (to me) truck, what do you think?

'06 Duramax 1.jpg

'06 Duramax 2.jpg

'06 Duramax 3.jpg

'06 Duramax 4.jpg

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You finally got it. Nice looking truck. Your going to love the Dmax. Have fun with it. Any plans on mods?

3. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

nice matt, I just literally bought the same truck except it's a maroon colored and mine has 52,602k on it as of now. What plow are you going to mount on it ?

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I just drooled on my keyboard. That's a beautiful truck! I love the red! I would drive it stock every day, but...you know. Any plans? wheels? tires? exhaust? tuner? lift? plow? lights?

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Keeping the 03 aslo?

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck, hope it works very well for you.

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice rig

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks guys- I appreciate the compliments!

When I have a little more $$$ to spend, I'll crank up the t-bars some (and alignment ;) ), put on some bigger tires, and get the truckside wired up and mounts for my 8' Fisher. When I come across a good deal on a used 8 footer, I'd like to add an 8' SS Xblade, or another 8'HD Fisher- I want to make sure everything is interchangeable between both trucks.

Yes, unless someone offers me $15K for my '03, I plan to keep it.

9. exmark

exmark Senior Member

That is a very nice truck man. Do you have any pics of both trucks next to each other?

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Great looking truck. The diesel should be a big difference.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck. I can't wait to se pictures of it with the plow.

12. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Nice truck it will serve you well!

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice Matt Congrats! Its fun to decide which truck should I take today lol

14. antdog600

antdog600 Member

nice truck!

15. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

Sorry if this is off topic but my plow dealer said I can't put a plow on my duramax without the plow prep package. Is this true. Sorry to hijack your thread it just ticked me off when he said that.

16. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Tell him to take a hike.

17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck but you paid $30k for it? wowww haha gonna match the reg cab nicee though, do you plan on running both trucks this winter?? i know last winter you didnt even have time to plow most of our storms.....

18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

8'6" plow is the minimum for that truck....9' would be preferable! Just letting you know from my own personal experience! Regardless, i didn't think you'd ever find exactly what you were looking for but you sure did! Real nice looking truck, what interior is in it? It looks real sharp and knowing how well you take care of your stuff that truck will last you a long time! Keep us all updated on what you do to it ;)

19. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yes, $29,500 including tax, all fees, financing interest, the 2yr/24K warranty I opted to buy on it, and of course, the price of the truck itself ($24K).

I plan to at least have this truck wired up fro my Fisher, if I can scrape the $$$ together and get a good deal (have one pending right now), I'll put a blade on this one also.

Believe it or not, I actually was able to come home for all of the large storms, and only missed 2 other plowable events.

How's your truck hunt going?

20. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Good suggestion- will keep this in mind on the plow size.

Yes, I am very pleased with the truck- it's truly mint inside and out, and matches my '03 nearly perfectly!

It's the SLT package, so it has power heated leather seats, 6 CD changer, etc. :nod: The interior is dark charcoal leather.

Thanks- should serve me well for many years to come!

How's your '06 treating ya?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010