1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 05 Duramax

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Brandon29, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Well I cleaned my truck up for a wedding last weekend and it still happens to be clean so I took some shots. I enjoy looking at others truck so I thought I would add. Enjoy guys

2. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

And here is some more

3. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

One last one roll'n some coal

4. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

How does the dual exhaust sound and what are the specs on it?
  5. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Sweet ride man, that thing looks awesome. If it were me I would de badge that molding on the doors, but thats just me still looks sick. You going to get a plow for it?
  6. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

They sound really good. Looks awesome rollin coal out of both of them too. The kit is the MBRP Cool Duals. 4inch with 5inch stainless tips. The kit actually came with the truck and I wanted to change it but Im the only one in town with them and I like being different. I am ordering a muffler delete pipe for it this week. I heard it sounds really good.
  7. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Thanks man. I have been trying to find time to debadge it and im having no luck. We have had a really busy year so far and I just havent had the time. I took the 4x4 decal and the LS badges off. I havent decided if im plowing with it yet or not. The truck came from Florida and it has never seen salt. I would probably go for a western pro plus 8 footer with the western wings
  8. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

What kind of shocks do you run I see yellow color in one picture. Been looking for shocks for my 05 gmc 2500hd and how do you like. They aren't oem are they?
  9. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I have Bilstein heavy duty shocks. They are a good shock. I run 76 psi in my tires so its a ruff ride either way lol. I think when I replace them I will go with the 5100 series
  10. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Nice rig. You got the blue/yellow shocks. Did you put them on? Curious to feel the difference between stock and those. Thinking about getting the 5100 as well. What size tires? That ride has got to be harsh with 76 psi.
  11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks wicked sharp. I love the black smoke.
  12. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

it's funny- the more i drive other trucks the more i really like gm. especially the duramax. good lookin' truck.
  13. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Yes I have the blue and yellow ones. I did not put them on. The previous owner put them on about 5k miles ago when he put the tires on. I think the stock shocks are a little nicer of a ride then the hd Bilsteins. The Bilsteins seem to be very tight and ride a little ruff when empty put a load in the back and it rides pretty good. I have 285 70 16s I have different keys up front to level it out. Yea its pretty harsh ride but then again its a 3/4 ton truck not a Cady lol
  14. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Thanks! Yea you alsways see people taking pictures of there trucks but never any smoke. Thought I would be different.

Tell me about it. I really looked into the cummins but I hated the interior of the Dodge. Thanks!
  15. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

that's a nice truck...

but it looks naked without a plow mount.

16. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Love that color. I really like the new style badges on the older body style. Looks cool. What brand tires are those, the look good! Like the ride?
  17. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Yea the new badges do look really good. I still want to debadge it. I have 285 70 16s Nitto Trail Grapplers. I never would of thought I would have mt tires but they came with it and I kinda like them now lol. Only bad part is rotating every 2500 miles. Thanks man
  18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck.
  19. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Really nice truck. Let some air out of your tires. You don't need to run 70 psi if you are not haulin anything. You will have a much better ride :nod:
  20. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Sweet Ride..... Really like the Duramax