1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 03 GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wgsshowe, Dec 14, 2004.

1. wgsshowe

wgsshowe Junior Member

My 03 GMC Sierra 2500 HD with Western Standard Blade with Ultra Mount and SnowEx SP575 Mini Spreader with Nova Microbar 360 strobe low profile light bar. I finally had my camera with me.

sp1.JPG

2. wgsshowe

wgsshowe Junior Member

SnowEx SP575 Mini Spreader

sp3.JPG

3. z_plow_master

z_plow_master Member

that is one nice truck, the dealer by me is selling an 04 truck that looks kinda same as yours with a western snowplow for 24000 brand new, it is like a special,nothing power except the trany, what do you think

4. wgsshowe

wgsshowe Junior Member

Interior showing Cab Command Controller, Snowex Control Head, Uniden BC 785D Scanner.

tr3.JPG

5. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Great looking truck. :waving:

6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Any crank on the T-Bars?

7. wgsshowe

wgsshowe Junior Member

Z Plow Master,

Sounds like one heck of a deal. Mine is a HD work truck package (wideside body, AC, Dual zone, chrome bumper) Snow plow prep package (Increased capacity springs, 145 Amp Alternator, skid plates, and roof light provisions) plus I have the 4 speed Auto Trans w/overdrive, AC and power door locks.

We didn't get that much snow last winter here but what I did push, the truck handled real well and was well powered with the Vortec 6000, V8 SFI Gas Engine.

My list price last fall was $29, 804 and that was before the plow package.

8. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Nice. How do you like that 575 on the back? I am going to the dealer on Wednesday to talk about a price.

JP

9. wgsshowe

wgsshowe Junior Member

Young Pup,

For what I have to salt it works great. It eats the salts pretty fast so you have to refill often. At about 30 it throws a pretty good pattern and doesn't put the salt down to heavy. I mount it buy myself (before any melt is loaded.) I have a wooden appliance cart/dolly that I bought at Sams Club that I have the spreader on so I can wheel it out of the garage.

10. Young Pup

Thanks for the help. I will check out Sam's up here too. I was thinking along the same about it working out great for what I have. Just want to compare prices with the guy I normally deal with to another one that I already have. Two quotes so far one for 1295. installed the second is the better one at 1068. installed and I thought I would get a price from the guy I always deal with at another dealer.

11. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

If it's possible could you show me a pic with the plow and the removable brackets off? I am in the process of buying a new GMC 2500HD and i was wondering what it looked like w/o the plow. The western ultramount was what i was considering because most of the mount comes off for offroad clearance!

Thanks
    Adam

12. wgsshowe

wgsshowe Junior Member

PLM - 1,

Here is my truck with everything off set up for the summer. My previous truck had a Meyer package, what a pain getting the plow on every time and then having to take the pump off in the summer. With the Western Ultra Mount all I have to do is pull one pin each for the receiver mounts and they drop off. Hooking the plow up takes one minute start to finish, the hardest part is hooking up the electrical connections :nod:

trucks.JPG

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  13. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice setup! :waving:

14. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

That looks great! Thanks! The mounting system is a big deal to me. I want a mounting system that doesn't show too bad and one that gives me maximum approach angle. Thanks again, you reaffirmed my decision!

15. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

Just a little tip. I would suggest you move your license plate out to the back of the spreader( right next to mini pro 575). I got pulled over for leaving mine there because it was not so noticeable.

16. norrod

norrod Senior Member

Nice rig !

I love my Ultramount. On in 60 seconds, off in 15 seconds.

17. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Very nice rig!

18. wgsshowe

wgsshowe Junior Member

A & M Snowplowing,

Thanks for the tip on the License Plate. I only have the spreader on when I am plowing so most of the time the cops are busy working accidents to worry about an obstructed license plate.

But since you got stopped (Local, County or State ??) where do you display your plate when you have your spreader mounted?

19. z_plow_master

z_plow_master Member

wgsshowe
    thanks for the info, i'll be checking that truck tomorrow :)

20. Young Pup

Hey wgsshowe,

Picked up my 575 today. Had the dealer install it and all that fun stuff. Pretty simple to take on and off. I had a four wheel dolley out in the garage and put it on that. I am going to cut a milk crate down to the exact height to be able to put on the dolley,slide it out onto the crate and then slide it right back in. Will work on that contraption sometime this weekend.

JP