1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My 02 Ford F250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jrinaudo, Oct 26, 2011.

1. jrinaudo

jrinaudo Junior Member

Just picked up this plow for my truck this fall. My first plow so looking for advice on it.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sucks backing up with the cab on!
  3. jrinaudo

jrinaudo Junior Member

Plan to get some lights on the back to help I hope.
  4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Better visibility than a dump or salt spreader. Thumbs Up
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Get rid of that cap and get some winter tires. That truck will push snow great.
  6. jrinaudo

jrinaudo Junior Member

Got to keep the cap, I have been looking for new tires not sure if I want to buy AT or snow tires yet
  7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Ditch the shell before you have to buy new glass for it or tail gate.
    Lights won't make a big enough improvement.
  8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Lighten up guys, not a big deal plowing with a topper. Some of us plow with dump bodies and spreaders behind us with no issues. Just gotta know how to be a big boy and use your mirrors. Thumbs Up
  9. Chillerq

Chillerq Junior Member

I have a cap on my truck...keeps my salt dry and my shovels clean.
  10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Not swinging a bat, just giving some advice/an opinion.
    I run a Flat bed with a TGS and it's nice to have the option of looking through the rear window of the cab if needed. The side and rear window on a shell will get covered with snow and will more than likely be a PITA at times.
    He also said it's his 1st plow, so that leads one to think he's a newbie and any advantage he can get would be to his benefit.
  11. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Nice truck. Back up camera mounted near the third break light in the cap. trust me! My old truck I drove like that for 6 years. It was so easy to back up using the camera b.c it had a 120+ degree viewing angle. I actually mounted mine inside the cap on my internal racks and it was perfect it kept the camera from getting wet or foggy. Just put tape over the night vision red lights or they reflect on the glass.
  12. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

What type of wings does/did it have? Never seen any that you dont have to put a hole through the mold board for?
  13. jrinaudo

jrinaudo Junior Member

Thanks for all the advice. I will have to look into a rear camera that is a good idea.

This is my first plow so all advice is good to me,

Not sure what wings it had on it.
  14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

ummm those brackets are bolted to the moldboard thus meaning it was drilled. Thumbs Up
  15. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

no i think he means the pro wings need a middle hole to support them thats what looks like it is missing.

i am guessing pro wings b/c i just ordered a pair of the meyers this week after debating a pro wing pair for this coming year.
  16. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

you could take it off in the winter in stead of wasting money on a camra then put it back on after winter
    wesport ussmileyflag
  17. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

What's with you guys and not being able to use your mirrors? Up until this year, I plowed with my crew cab long bed. I have a headache rack on it and had a tailgate spreader on it 99% of the time and I never backed into anything.

I never turned around to look out the back. I always used my mirrors.
  18. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

nide truck, I had an 02 7.3 as well, make sure your glowplug relays are good, and that when it gets cold out plug it in, and should start fine in the winter. If the coolant has never been changed not a bad idea to do it at that mileage then. and also change your fuel filter before the winter, and run some powerservice, the white bottle, when you fill up in the winter, can probly get away with everyother fill up. looks like it allready has an exh so it must have an intake also. if not, get one and a programmer, will really wake the truck up and give it a little better fuel mileage
  19. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

oh and how big is the plow, only looks like an 8ft, can handle alot more then that, and your kinda lucky cause it looks like you got a newer frame on the plow that a set of intesnefire plow lights will bolt right up to, that is a HUGE upgrade in being able to see in front of you! those plow lights on there right now suck! haha
  20. jrinaudo

jrinaudo Junior Member

Replaced the relay last yr with a much bigger one and since then I have not had any problems with it. The truck has an exhaust, intake, and programmer plenty of power. The plow is a 7'6" blade. I did notice that the lights aren't very bright and have been looking for the newer lights for it.