1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mx 7000 intersection lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by scitown, Jan 11, 2008.

1. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I have an old school mx 7000. The top has amber filter covers and the metal speaker screen. I was wondering if thier is a lense for the "wig wag" intersection lights. Is this what I should be looking for? If they do fit they looks like they will also filter my alley lights?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CODE-3-MX7000-M...goryZ371QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So far those are the only ones I can find. Please let me know if they will fit and if you have seen them around anywhere else. Thanks.

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

code 3 does make amber filters for the intersecting lights.

3. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I couldn't find anything on the bigger supplier websites. I provided a link to ebay. Are those lenses what I should be looking for? Are the lenses different for the new generation led?

4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Yes those are the correct lenses for the sweeps in the corners on the MX bars.

5. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Thank you for the help.

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I always wanted to get one of those and turn it around, and use amber intersectors for rear warning, especially when I wanted the 360s off. 45 degrees to the corners looks cool.

7. scitown

scitown Senior Member

It is a really cool light. Im pretty sure white intersection lights would get me into some trouble around here. I flipped it and I am using the takedowns lights for backup lights. I have four reverse backup lights on that thing now. The intersection lights almost cross in the front so they cover you in the front too. I will get a video up soon. I bought the light for $175 on craiglist and had it wired and rearanged for another $150. Parts cost me another $50 to get it the way I wanted. Got to love craigslist. The amp pull is a killer so I was hoping to get those intersection sweepers working to cut down a bit of juice.

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I hear you, thats the big downfall to rotator bars, having so much draw. A long time ago I had a Jetsonic with 4 rotators. It was originally a chain driven cluster, I gutted it and put in 4 standard rotators and a high speed rotator in the center. It worked out good for me cause I was doing fire at the time, so I could use amber and red filters and go from one color to another. Then in summer I could go all red. I actually did the same thing with an 8 head edge back then. No more fire for me, so I don't need the red anymore.
    I just got my new (to me) strobe bar up and running today. It's going to be ridiculous overkill. 12 linear comet flash strobes, and 2 flashers in case you didn't notice the 12 strobes. Now my customers will take one look out the window and go into epileptic siezures.
    I used to use a two light minibar with high speed rotators that was perfect for plowing. But it only has a cigarette lighter plug on it, man that thing would get hot after a few minutes. So what was the outcome, did you say you found filters for the interectors or no? Wonder if someone makes amber bulbs that would work.

9. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I saw some filters on ebay but Im not positive they will fit for the old bar. The lenses look like would also cover my alley lights. I dont need the alley lights but they are hooked up so I would like to keep them white. !2 strobes may be ok. You may need to get some lightly tinted sunglasses for plowing at night.