1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp3 8'6" or 9'6" on 2007 dodge dually 4x4 diesel quad cab 8 ft bed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cjjudy83, Nov 19, 2015.

1. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

Mvp3 8'6" or 9'6" on 2007 dodge 3500 dually 4x4 diesel quad cab 8 ft bed

Hey everybody well I finally been able to do it got enough money saved up to purchase a brand new Western MVP 3 trouble is having trouble deciding what size Plows to go with 8 foot 6 or 9 foot 6 I have a 3500 dually with oversized tires on it all the way around they stick out a little further than stock I'm at a real toss up here I am supposed to pick up the Plows tomorrow I can get one or the other I just really need some help and some insight from you guys on as to which size will fit my needs best hi Plow county roads (2nd and 3rds) and cul de sacs so I have a lot of room to maneuver my truck is set up with front timbrins and the snow plow prep package 6.7 cummins with deletes 4x4 long bed quad cab.. my last plow I had was a Meyers 8 foot 6 C Series poly but I've never plowed with a v-plow before... I'm very excited about my new purchase but I just really don't know which one to pick.... I want to make sure when I make this purchase I am happy with what I get considering I've been saving for a long time and this is Ben the plow ever dreamt about especially after running Meyers for so many years.... I am fully expect this plow to last me a minimum of 5 years I tend to take very good care of my own equipment so you guys please help me with my decision as best as you can I know ultimately it comes down to what I decide but your input would be very helpful thank you all for the help and input

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The only difference size really makes it how much snow you can push and how much weight your truck can take on the front end. Dodge frames are notoriously thin and some of the mounts are an absolute nightmare to install especially on the diesels. The heavier plow will be harder on your front end but will certainly push more snow and that Cummins 6.7 will have lots of power to push it. So much that they tend to take transmissions out....
    If I had the choice I would always take the bigger plow, that is as long as quick match says your truck can take it.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've got a 9'-6" on a SRW 2500 and I wouldn't have gone any smaller unless I added a set of wings. On a dually I'd definitely go as big as you can get. Mine is a '13, and contrary to what the above poster said, my front end holds it well, and I've got a diesel. The mount was not a problem putting on either. Don't worry, as more people see this thread you'll get a lot more opinions, and I'm going to guess that most will tell you to go with the bigger blade on a dually.

4. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

thank you both for your responses today I did decide to go with the 9 foot 6 after getting out today and actually measuring the wheelbase at what it would be in v or scoop mode or even at a full angles it was a no brainer I like my rear fenders where they are the 8 foot 6 just would not cut it I was able to get the truck side mount and the wiring today the plow was not available it will arrive on the truck next week around Monday or Tuesday latest Wednesday so I will get done what I can until then can't wait to put my new toy on this truck as far as the Cummins having plenty of power to push it I don't doubt that not one bit I've never had a truck pull and push as good as his truck does thank you all for your input and let it snow let it snow this year!!!