1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by diesel dave 04, Dec 9, 2008.

1. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

I just got my used MVP hooked up And I have a Question. first off does any one have a wire skimatic they can E mail me? send it to Psdisel95@aol.com I need to know one thing.
    also If I'm in V mode and I switch to straight then hit the right or left shouldn't the one wing go out to make it angle the way you are asking it to?
    If i go from V to scoop and stop when the blade is straight then go to straight mode then it works right But I cant go from V to straight should i be able to?

Also there is a light blue and a white with yellow wire Pin 5 and 6 on the controller plug I need to know if they are straight wires to the hyd. control vales or if one or both Tee into other wires?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

No. This is why the old style contoller with the "mode" button sucks camel d!@k. If you have it in Vee and want to change to angle left, you have to either straighten the blade first in "V blade" mode, then switch to "straight blade mode" and angle it left. Or you would have to press and hold the mode button to activate "wing mode", and press right twice (pressing it once retracts the wing, twice extends it) and that would extend the right wing out so that the blade would be angled left.

Thats why Western made a new style controller with no mode button and seperate wing buttons to make life a whole lot easier.

4. diesel dave 04

Well I can see what my first mod. will be A NEW CONTROLER.

What are the common issues with the old style controler do they have any known problems?

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

This is the controller you need (#96462). It has the seperate wing buttons. Just make sure that its the correct part number with the round plug on the end and not the white square plug (#96600).
    http://www.centralparts.com/Accessories/Plow-Controls/Western-Plow-Controls/Handheld-Control-MVP-N-S/11036/

I hear a lot about the wires inside the controller breaking causing it to not work or work incorrectly. I personally have never had a problem with them. (knock on wood)

6. diesel dave 04

Thank you, I wish it would have came with one but i guess that is what you get when you buy it used.