1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bsayles, Sep 22, 2010.

1. bsayles

bsayles Junior Member

Hi there everyone. New to the forum. Been plowing for a few years at an airport running everything from a shovel to excavators. I've been running uni-mount plows on my trucks but have recently upgraded to a Uni-mount MVP. I don't have the wiring diagram for the vehicle harness. It's a 12 pin harness and I have the relays hooked up and all of the lights are working properly. Trust me, I research problems and troubleshoot them myself before I waste other's time asking questions, but I cannot find any info on the colors of wires I have in the harness here. At the end of the harness that goes to the motor relay there are five wires. 1 orange/green, 1 orange/red, 1 orange/black, and 2 red that are crimped together in a female spade connector. I know where some of the wires go from my unimount manuals, but there are a couple more wires here that I don't know where they go. Anyone have a uni-mount mvp and can take a look at the motor relay on the truck and give me a heads-up? Thanks for your time guys! Oh duh! Don't know if it matters because I've always ran Chevy, but it's a 95 2500 diesel.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have your answer but I believe this has been talked about many times - try a search. Otherwise, I believe they make a connector kit which would be a better choice.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

orange/black ground
    reds with spade to truckside power harness red small wire
    other 2 to each side small terminal on motor relay

Did you get an MVP power harness? If not, you need to.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  4. bsayles

bsayles Junior Member

Thanks guys. Got it going.
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Good to hear!