1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP wiring help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by growitmowitlawn, Jan 4, 2010.

1. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

I bought a used MVP. I told the guy I had a 2001 F250 and he said the wiring was from a 2000 F250 so it should work.

Hooked it up and low and behold didn't quite work the way it should. Couldn't figure it out. Took it to get it looked at. After $250 for the diagnostic and blowing fuses, and then another $375 for a controller they tell me the the wiring is for a Dodge. I was like what? Called the guy and he said sorry I was told it was from a Ford.

They got everything to work except for my low beams. When I have them turned on, only my parking lights are on. I click to go to my high beams and they work as they should.

So now the place I took it to says I need to get part number 61591 for my headlight style. I don't know if I need one or two. If anyone could help me so I could save some money and get it done myself.

Do I need one or two? How difficult are they to install? Thanks.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

61591 plug in harness Hb5 headlights. You just need one.

Not that hard to install...Should come with directions

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

how they got the high beams working and not the low beams is beyond me. You will probably have to un-do most of the work that shop did to install the headlight harness which is that part #. Not sure how they rigged it up but you should have 4 relays as well to hook it all up

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Should have 2 relays for that harness and wiring , as well as the required turn siginal module and possibly a cab light module if it has roof marker lights.

That would be the way to wire it correctly , although I have seen some disregard the turn siginal module as well as the cab light module to save a few $.

If they got the lights to work with the harness that you have in there you might be able to modify the harness you have now to work , are there any tag's on the headlight (harness that goes between the two truck headlights ) harness with part #'s?

TOM

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010