1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP wings moving back a little after plowing

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dupupp, Jan 3, 2010.

1. dupupp

dupupp Member

plowed heavily last week with my mvp ultramount for the first time on my truck and i noticed that after plowing my lot if i starting the lot with the blade straight that by the end of the lot the left or right wing would be pushed back alittle-maybe a inch off from being straight. i did not know if there was a problem here or not? thanks guys for your help.

2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Mine is doing the same thing. So lets hear what the guys hae to say. Also when i press scoop the right wing is about a second and a half behind compared to the left and they used to be equal. Any suggestions?
  3. dupupp

dupupp Member

my right side wing is also a little slower than the other one-i asked about that last year and i was told that the was normal for a western mvp. i does drive me a little nuts though!!!
  4. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I know it is supposed to be a split second slower but sometimes my left wing is all the way angled out and the right one is only half way there.
  5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

First thing to check for is air in the system (specifically in the angling cylinders), or loose hoses/fittings. If those are not the case, it could be an issue with the controller or the internal seals in the cylinders.

The last two issues would be extremely rare, but I would not rule them out yet. Do you know anyone with another controller than you could borrow? That would help eliminate that as a variable...
  6. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

same issue here but with a fisher v